Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wax/concentrate Pricing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HUNTER12, Apr 16, 2014.

1. I'm getting concentrate today but I have questions about their wax/concentrate pricing. They have Trainwreck wax, citron wax and Deadhead og wax for $65 a gram. Then they have Skywalker hash, Jack herer hash concentrate for $35 a gram. What is difference between these two category and the big difference in prices? I've never done wax or concentrate before, and I'm looking for more of a sativa high. I suppose they're mostly are since they're higher in THC. which of these listed would you recommend? thanks

2. #2 kyle121, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    The lower priced hashes were most likely made with trim, or remnants of the plant. The higher priced concentrates are probably 'nug-run' which means they used whole buds in the extraction process. Higher $ usually means more thc%=more potent. Nothing wrong with the $35 hash though. Especially if your new to concentrates, either is going to mess you up big time. The Trainwreck will be a sativa high, and the deadhead will be more of a indica high.

3. #3 HUNTER12, Apr 17, 2014
    Ok now I understand why they're priced like that. You think I'm way over my head in doing this so soon? I'm just planning to take one hit from a vape pen to start. Would that still be too much for a newbie?

4. #4 Stony09, Apr 17, 2014
    Also can be how it's made. At my dispensary the butane stuff is cheaper than C02. I just go for the pricier stuff and am rarely disappointed. A gram will last me weeks though.

I use a pen too. I usually take 3-5 hits. Take 1 and wait a few to see how you feel. Unlike many people say, oil tolerance doesn't affect my flower tolerance. They're different IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sounds good, I'll get the pricier wax and start with a gram. They only sell it by gram, maybe they can give me a 2 strain of half a gram each, that would be great. I'll definitely start with just a hit, don't want to regret my first time doing wax.

I haven't read anything more fail than that quote right there.

oh so Oil doesn't affect your THC tolerance huh? maybe you're smoking Butane Poop Soup with butane as the only active ingredient but anything with THC as the active ingredient WILL affect your "flower" tolerance, Don't lie to yourself, you probably don't smoke enough to feel a difference in tolerance.

7. damn dude chilll @[member="Froz3n"]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. also a smart man once said to assume nothing, it can make you look like an ass. what exactly was your objective of this post exactly? was kinda mean and unneeded.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. The higher priced ones are oil and waxes made with butane. The lower prices ones are most likely bubble hash and or pressed keif. You would not know if they were made from buds or trim.
    65/g god damn that is crazy high.

10. #10 Stony09, Apr 17, 2014
    Pfffft ya I've only been smoking weed for 30 years. I smoke nightly during the week and more often on the weekends. Mostly oil now days. A couple tokes of good weed always gets me medicated no matter how much oil I smoke. Concentrates affect me different than flowers..I also said flower tolerance, and there's other less psychoactive cannabinoids in flowers that are stripped away when making oil that affect the high. Oil has a higher THC content which for me is a very clear high.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Both cost waaay too much

12. #12 budsmoker55, Apr 17, 2014
    Thats not too much .. depends where you're located around my area good oil goes anywhere from 60-100 a g lol east coast for ya!!

13. #13 WildWill, Apr 17, 2014

Dude, have you ever had a completely subjective experience?  You know something that is uniquely yours?  Say maybe you can drink more than your buddies.  Or maybe a particular beer doesn't get you drunk.  Or hell you don't like the taste of a specific food?  

People's bodies are different, they react differently to different chemicals.  It's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities that someone may not get as strong effect from concentrates as they do from flower.  For one thing, concentrates are often vaporized and not combusted.  The two are completely different.

But for you to think that someone else's experience is bogus is just showing your own ignorance.

As for pricing - well, we can get good hash for $10 to $20 a gram.  Waxes go for between $20 and $50 a gram near me, and the quality is different.  Been doing a lot of dabbing lately and have gone through a ton of different waxes and oils.  For a newbie go slow...for me, I've been medicating for more than half my life (and I"m in my 40's) and my tolerance is way too high.  I stopped combusting completely for the last couple of weeks...

14. a gram a few weeks??? my grams las me half a day. nd i have bomb shit. to op it really depends wat there selling. it can be $65 butane soup. look at it which ever ones golder. 

15. they make that stuff from shake and by products usually so its like paying for the ground up meat they scrape off the slaughterhouse floors, then taking the thc out, so its like, really not a big deal for them to make it even though its insanely more potent, so really it shouldnt be much more than the actual buds.

no more than 20 a gram unless u know its some high high medical quality stuff

16. Where I live, the dispensaries only deliver for now, so I can't check out the product before I buy. I'm sure a gram will last me a while, and I have some buds as well. I hope they can split e gram in two half a gram of different strain, otherwise I'll get the Trainwreck. One dispensary sells shatter for $35 a gram, but I don't have a clue what that is vs. Wax. Its a little scary just thinking of doing wax, I'll be very careful.