Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wax burning my throat/really harsh

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BurtonSnow, May 18, 2012.

1. Ok so with AZ finally letting some dispensaries go around without many problems, a few have finally popped up with realistic prices and good shit... for the most part.

BHO/ear wax/hash wax/etc its all the same shit pretty much; has been working miracles. Does not burn my throat, its just one quick rip and I am done. I finally quit cigarettes after 5 years, so the extra smoking process makes me fien a cig. One dab does not have the physcological stimulation.

Anyways, I go to this dispensary where I normally go, and they had some wax that looked really good in a different jar then all the others, but $10 cheaper. I asked why, and the girl behidn the counter said its just from a different supplier.

There was not much of his product based on the jar, and figured I would give it a shot.

It gets you medicated no doubt, but except one dab makes you HACK up a lung. You are normally about to cough before you even exhale. Its terrible.

Not sure what I should really do. Ive been trying to get the shit a chance, but after last night at taking a rip at 11pm, and could not quit hurting to the point I just took some advil pm to pass out and hope it feels beter in the morning.

Its 60/g so just throwing it out is tought. Since it was from a dispensary who carries "quality meds" I would think they should back their shit up and atleast reimburse my money - the $ ammount I already smoked even though that should be refunded to, but I am a fair person.

Think this sounds fair or what? Obviously any dealer would tell me to fuck myself, but you can't be a "legit business" and fuck people like that with shit that harms them.

2. Chances are it's underpurged. You could try purging it more (put it on a pyrex dish and put it in the oven at 150 for 20 min or so) if you have a legitimate dispensary they would for sure refund you if the medicine wasn't up to snuff or gave you throat problems.

3. Yeah I would think they would too esp since it was new medicine they were providing. I was not the only one who about died taking a rip of it.

I gave my other friend who is a card holder a big sized dab. Gave him the heads up that I am about to get him baked stupid, but the cough will be harsh. he agreed, took a fat dab, and was coughing for 2 hours. Not like hacking, but his throat irritated him for a solid 2 hours

4. What are you smoking this from?

5. That's why I only buy Bubble Hash and kief. The chemical extraction methods are hit and miss and I don't like smoking those kinds of chemicals. Clubs in CA that carry butane hash are being closed left and right because it's on the same level as making meth. People have burnt down their houses making it and shit. No bueno....

6. [quote name='"mjmama25"']That's why I only buy Bubble Hash and kief. The chemical extraction methods are hit and miss and I don't like smoking those kinds of chemicals. Clubs in CA that carry butane hash are being closed left and right because it's on the same level as making meth. People have burnt down their houses making it and shit. No bueno....[/quote]

Same level as meth ????? Yea it does make you cough ...

7. [​IMG]

8. #8 flammzrant, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

Same level as meth ????? Yea it does make you cough ...[/quote]
    It's treated the same as meth because its a chemical extraction, though we all know they are NOTHING alike.
    Idk what DEA is loling about since pretty much everything the dude said was true, its pretty easy to blow yourself up making bho if you don't take the necessary precautions.

Has to be underpurged OP, you can repurge if the club is a dick.
    I feel like they knew better too since they were selling it cheaper, or the supplier knew and didn't care.
    Someone somewhere along the line was either a lazy prick or dumb.

9. [quote name='"mjmama25"']That's why I only buy Bubble Hash and kief. The chemical extraction methods are hit and miss and I don't like smoking those kinds of chemicals. Clubs in CA that carry butane hash are being closed left and right because it's on the same level as making meth. People have burnt down their houses making it and shit. No bueno....[/quote]

Yep some kids from college did it two weeks ago. The whole house was gone

10. Why would you ever try making BHO inside? :confused_2:

11. [quote name='"cordor"']

Why would you ever try making BHO inside? :confused_2:[/quote]

I do it all the time. Turn the fans on
    And no smoking inside.

12. #12 the_tokerman, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    Low quality oil/wax most likely. Oh, I mean that in the sense that it's most likely under-purged as previously mentioned.

However, lower quality material extractions are also pretty rough. These usually tend to be the really runny pitch black/tarry shit some people make from fan leaves and second/third hand runs.

For $60/g it's ridiculous, and if the good stuff is $70/g that's even more ridiculous. I'd feel shitty charging more than $50 for a gram of my wax, and I'd certainly refuse to pay as much for pretty much anyone else's! Although, I guess the market in Az is a bitch due to it being so new and what not.

Honestly, if your dispensary is any good about their customer service I'd take it back and tell them that it's not quality meds, and hopefully they'll refund you the remaining weight back.

Truth be told, I'm a bit of a hash-snob and I don't really like buying wax/oils from clubs often because many of them don't purge it properly. The only hashes I really buy are full melt water extracts and CO2 oils, with the occasional oil or wax (butane) to try some top makers out there, and to be fair there are a few shops with quality products, they're just few and far between.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

Edit: posted prematurely.....

13. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

I do it all the time. Turn the fans on
    And no smoking inside.[/quote]

Oh and the ONLY time you should EVER be making or initially purging solvent-based extracts indoors is under a lab(fume) hood.

14. [quote name='"the_tokerman"']Low quality oil/wax most likely. Oh, I mean that in the sense that it's most likely under-purged as previously mentioned.

However, lower quality material extractions are also pretty rough. These usually tend to be the really runny pitch black/tarry shit some people make from fan leaves and second/third hand runs.

For $60/g it's ridiculous, and if the good stuff is $70/g that's even more ridiculous. I'd feel shitty charging more than $50 for a gram of my wax, and I'd certainly refuse to pay as much for pretty much anyone else's! Although, I guess the market in Az is a bitch due to it being so new and what not.

Honestly, if your dispensary is any good about their customer service I'd take it back and tell them that it's not quality meds, and hopefully they'll refund you the remaining weight back.

Truth be told, I'm a bit of a hash-snob and I don't really like buying wax/oils from clubs often because many of them don't purge it properly. The only hashes I really buy are full melt water extracts and CO2 oils, with the occasional oil or wax (butane) to try some top makers out there, and to be fair there are a few shops with quality products, they're just few and far between.

Edit: posted prematurely.....[/quote]

The funny part about those prices is that most of that stuff is made from trim. It cost nothing to make and they can charge 70/g

15. Well, it costs a little more than nothing but yeah, basically.

I haven't run hard numbers for my setup (and I KNOW it's relatively expensive) but I'm roughly at around:
    $30 worth of trim/shake product (about 2 Oz)
    $20 butane
    6-8g oil/wax after heat and vac purging for hours and hours.
    So all in all MAYBE $10/g and that's a stretch.

CO2 oil on the other hand requires only product(trim), time and power ONCE you've thrown down the 40-50k for the machine, gas, installation and training. BUT you get like 95%THC oil (vs ~85-90% on the best butane runs); the downside of which I find to be that it tastes like the world's most potent reclaim. It doesn't taste bad, just like oil that's lost it's flowery/stanky goodness...

16. BIG article in April NW Leaf Magazine about concentrates....and it was written that isopropyl extraction yields a MUCH more potent final product than does butane extraction. Apparently, they tested everything. Some of the iso extractions were 92-94% THC compared to the butane extractions that registered 50-60% THC. Man, they had some Blue Haze Iso that looked delicious!!

17. I think he means the charges, you get slammed with the same charges as making meth if you're caught making BHO or other solvent based extracts. Hell up here in Canada our MMAR cards don't even cover kief or any hashes or concentrates. It's technically illegal for a legal mary user to smoke or possess bubble bag or even pressed kief in Canada.

Edit: Ope, I didn't realize somebody else mentioned the meth thing already :smoke:

18. [quote name='"Skunkariffic"']

I think he means the charges, you get slammed with the same charges as making meth if you're caught making BHO or other solvent based extracts. Hell up here in Canada our MMAR cards don't even cover kief or any hashes or concentrates. It's technically illegal for a legal mary user to smoke or possess bubble bag or even pressed kief in Canada.

Edit: Ope, I didn't realize somebody else mentioned the meth thing already :smoke:[/quote]

That sucks ....