Watts?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PowerButton, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Ok so i have a CFL that says its 42 watts and its a replacement for a 150 watts. I dont understand this, is it 42 watts or 150?

People say that you should have about 100 watts per plant. Does this mean i have 150 watts, or should i go buy more lights?

2. It's 42 watts. So I would buy two of them.

You should really base your decision on lumens though. Do you know what the lumen output is?

3. Your CFL consumes 42 Watts of power. But its light output is equal to that of an incandescent bulb that consumes 150 Watts of power. But that is of little interest to you as incandescent bulbs are useless for growing anyway.

4. nope, what is it?

5. I think madreef is asking if YOU know the output in lumens. He doesn´t. Is it marked on the CFL or packaging is what he is asking.

6. hahaha, no unfortunatley i dont know. but does anyone mind explaning to me what lumens is?

7. why is the lumen output important?

8. Time you did a bit of searching now. There is masses of stuff already in existence on GC on lumen outputs of growlights, asked and answered.

9. alright, thanks for all the help guys

10. Stickies ftw!