Watts Per Sq/Ft

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StonyBalonie, Jun 27, 2016.

1. If I had one Mars 700 in a 32"x32" would it be worth it to put a Mars 300 in there? So a bit over 400 watts as compared to the 280 I have in there? Would yield be affected greatly or would it just be better to have the 700 hovering over the middle, the coverage of the lamp looks great.

So I guess I am wondering if the extra 130 watts would increase the yield significantly? The Mars 300 has a lower PAR reading, around 330 dead center at 18 inches and the 700 has a PAR of about 1100 at 18". Is it better to have the concentrated lamp in the middle as opposed to it being closer to the sides?

2. Led's run so cool they can even almost touch the side of the tent without it getting fire hazard hot. I would try running them side by side as close to centered as you can with the 700 slightly further from the wall than the other. I have a p900 in a 4x4 and I was actually contemplating picking up an extra p150 or a mars 300 so I can swap it back and forth from the bud tent to the veg tent to supplement darker area when I need it.

One drawback of led's is without hoods they don't scatter light well. So the more you can cram into the tent spread wide without heat issues the better I would say. You'll be able to run both of them higher up when they are combined spreading the light better. Let your plants be the judge.

Rotate them out from under the more powerful light daily.

3. I know I could run both but do you think it would be beneficial?

4. more light is always better. Just be sure the exhast from one is not blowing into the other. You will need to stop thinking in sq ft available and custom the grow to your light footprint, so everything may not be nice and even on the ground.