Wattage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Dutchmaster, Feb 24, 2008.

1. I would like to get a light to grow 1 plant at a time. Do you have any advice on which light to get and where? Also how many watts are required for one plant?

2. lots of things to consider here do you want to go HID or Flourescent sounds like cash might be tight so i would recommend as many cfl's as you can fit into your area the more light you have the more bud you will have in the end. For vegitation I would go with cool white bulbs and a mix of cool and warm white for flowering. Answer the following

1. Are you using a cabinent or an open air room

2. Budget?

3. Quality or Quantity?

4. Serious about growing or Just tinkering

3. I'd have to agree with paint, I'm for sure no expert but from eveything I've read if you have the money for for a 400 watt hps, if not I use CFL's and they work decently and they're super cheap. The thing about the lights is that generally if you have enough lights to suffice for one plant then chances are you have enough lights for 4-6 plants. If you have the space I'd recommend growing at least a few plants so you don't run the risk of your only plant being male.

4. i ordered four 105watt cfls at 5500k for $100 off ebay...that would grow ya a plant lol seriously though

5. God this shit's confusing. I really only want one plant ore else my mom will kill it. Budget is no problem and i want some dank ass bud. What do u recommend?

6. Read read read!!

Seems confusing, but it comes together, i havent even started a grow yet, just preparing, but my advice is

Use CFL's ( Compact Floroecent Lights ) Try to get as much Wattage ( Not equivilant wattage ) Actuall Watts you Can.

If your worried about your mother finding your plant, your best bet is to find a good stealth area, start with that, what size of room are you growing in? - Read other peoples post, and stickys, thats a good start to get a "idea"...

Look for post that have attatchments, so you can get a Visual idea...

7. rule of thumb is 100 watts per plant:)
    cfls are good i agree but hids are much better.

as said my friend read & read some more but you also learn by doing;)

8. If you can swing it use a 150 or 250 watt HID light with MH for veg and HPS for flower or go even better and get yourself a Ceramic Metal Halide full spectrum hid bulb that runs in a hps ballast and runs cooler than either a a hps or mh and puts out a complete spectrum that has more blue and red than the latter and actually outputs uvb unlike the other bulbs. I am using one now with great results. Never looking back, I can't wait for the larger wattages to come out this summer the 600 and 100 are going to available. Check it out at advancedtechlighting.com

9. I dont think the guy needs to go HID yet, cfl's are better for starters.

WalMart. They sell 42watt cfl's for $8. If your only looking to grow one plant, then two of these should do you good.

10. Are you saying your mom is OK with you growing as long as it's just one plant, or are you saying that your mom would disapprove of any growing but you think with just one plant you could hide it from her?