Wattage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by legalizebud89, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Hey GC I think I'm going to be operating an indoor grow come October but not trying to invest in an HPS light just yet. I've heard people locally saying that you can flower a plant just using flourescent lights but I dont know how many watts I should be looking at and how tall should the grow space be for about 4-8 plants?

Appreciate feedback peace GC.

2. haha wassup we live in the same city... u should use CFL's i think u would need 400w in veg and 600w+ in flower for 4 plants to grow healthy and have a lot of light...

3. Hi Legalize, From my past experience with cfl's i used 180 watts to grow and flower 2 white widows.
    Cfl's work fine but you'll need to lst to keep the plants as short as possible, cfl are good for around 8 inch of bud. So a 2ft plant will still only bud from the top down (around 8 inch) wasting the lower part of the plant.
    My ww were around 1ft tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anymore questions?:smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

4. how do u keep them more small?

5. Hi igotammo, I topped them early then tied everything that grew down!

6. What exactly does "topping" mean?

EDIt: so for using 180w CFL lights how tall was your harvested plant? And where would you suggest buying two 90w CFL lights? Thanks. LB-89

7. Hi LB, topping is when you remove the growing tip, once the plant recovers 2 tips grow back! Although to be fair i don't top any of my plants now.
    As for lights i'm in uk and you can buy 20w cfl's really cheap, so i brought 10 bulbs and ten fittings. I made a frame for them all to sit in and wired it all up :D
    Here's a pic of them! I still use these for vegging
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of the light with 6 plants under it! 6 is the most i can fit ;)
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps
    Peace:smoking:

8. By growing tip you mean the stalks that start to spread out? Sorry I'm a newb to growing...;)