Wattage/plant for SOG

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by BlowTrees, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Hi I am looking to start up a new grow in the next week... I intend on having 4 600watt HPS running over 2 3x6 flood tables... I will most likely be using grow bags and rototon for the medium and using the lucas formula for nutes along with some other things like kool bloom... i have seen that the convention for growing plants is 100watt/plant, however, for SOG I feel as though this would almost definitely be lower... being that i will have two tables with 1200watts on each... how many plants should i be looking at growing... I am really looking for maximum yields so any advice would be great... For the veg room I was planning on getting a 4ft 8 lamp T5 and having a few mothers growing in bubble buckets on one side and then having a cloner on the other for turning out lots of clones... the options for me are a 30 site cloner or a 60 site... What I was thinking was having one table a month ahead of the other so im turning a crop out each month, is 30 plants under 2 600watt too much too little or just right... thx! if the strains matter, Im looking to do, trainwreck, kushberry, blue cheese, and the church. Thanks for the help!

2. 60 site cloner (have way more sites available than you need. Maybe you have extra clones of different types easier to mix and match without planning 3 months ahead on clones.

100W per plant assume 1 sqft per plant probably as well. You want at least 50W per square foot you are covering and ideally more like 75W so you need to cover 18+18 = 36 sq ft at least 1800W 2700W preferred. So 4x600 = 2400W is great you are right on track for that size.

3. #3 snowking, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    Sea of Green sucks for plant count, but kicks ass for yield. I run kind of a modified SoG, pretty similar to your square footage and watts. I'm getting pretty close to doing 1 LB per 600 watt light.

Here's my last grow report (yeah, I have a custom spreadsheet I built, i'm kind of a geek like that)...

Yield in ounces 28.57 oz
    Yield in pounds
    1.79 lb
    Grams per plant
    16.20 gr
    Ounces per plant 0.57 oz
    Grams per watt
    0.68 gr
    Grams per square meter
    Pounds per kilowatt
    Watts per square foot 84.38

All the numbers are based on dried, cured and bagged.

The part I didn't copy and paste was where I input the magic number. 810 grams from two 600's. And actually, i tried 2 different branching/trimming methods under each light, so one table was 390 grams, and the other table was 420 grams. I'm still tweaking. The 2 pound mark will fall soon, hopefully in about 2 months.

Good luck with your grow.