Watering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jobes921, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Im growing a female plant outdoors, it just started flowering a couple weeks ago. I can only go and water it every 2 days. How much should I water it every 2 days. It is about 4 feet tall and probobly has a 3 foot diameter. Its been growing since June. Ive been watering about 2 Liters every 2 days when i go. Though ive seen a lot of yellowing leaves recently. Im geussing its because I'm not watering enough. If anyone could give me some good advice on the amount of water that a plant needs to be wattered with.. if you have experience with a plant of about the same size. Thanks in advance!

2. The best way to determine if a plant is being under-watered is to observe the green leaves; if they look droopy, it needs more water.

Your plant is in flower and it's normal for fan leaves, starting from the bottom, to be discarded by the plant as plant resources are being directed to the colas and flowers. I prefer not disturbing the yellow leaves until they come off by themselves or with just a gentle tug. Cutting or tearing them off diverts plant resources to repairing those 'wounds'.

3. I don't think 2 liters is nearly enough. I give mine 4 gallons every third day now that they are flowering. Mine are in the ground, some around the same size as yours.

4. I have some outdoor that are in 5gallon pots and in the ground.
    I give them about 1.5-2 gallons of water each, every 2 days.

5. Mine are in the ground and with it starting to have some days where its cooler thats how much water I give them every couple of days if its stays closer to 100 for a couple of days then its 1.5-2 gallons each of those days.