Watering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Delucia21, Jan 25, 2021.

1. First time grower. I'm 10 days after first plant northern lights auto in 3 gallon pots sprouting in fox farm OF and I have water paranoia I am confused on the watering I started with soil straight out of the bag sprouted seeds and have been just keeping the soil around the plants moist they seem ok. but with the 3 gallon pots do I water till run off this early or how should I water 10 day old plants in 3 gallon pots in soil straight out the bag?? Help thank you

2. 10 day old plants can be so different from grow to grow plant to plant ray charles can't help we need to see what youre talking about

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 10 day old northern lights auto

Attached Files:

4. Lift the bag/plant first too heavy Don't Water
    if Lite then water I just use 1/4-1/2 cup of water 2-3 times per week

lift .....THINK ...First

25% perlite will go well into that pot one think's your should!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hi I know this sounds confusing, MJ plants root systems need water and oxygen .
    If you have super good drainage you can water allot .

Stagnant water is what makes your plant sick because it is not oxygenated water , your roots don't have access to oxygen.

My advise is to have a abundant amount of drainage .
    Compost and soil over a couple of months packs down or compacts and reduces drainage .
    so start out with allot drainage in your grow pods ..
    I like the fabric grow bags myself , but each to their own .
    Good luck .

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Soil needs to dry well between waterings. Lift one end of pot with thumb and index finger. Get used to the various weight at the various stages of drying. When you lift and it's light, time to water.
    Ocean forest is a hot soil, so no nutes for the first 3-4 weeks. When you do begin nutes, start at 1/4 of the published amount. Autos can burn fairly easily.

7. Good advice... so how much water should I give them at 10 days old once soil is dry and they are ready to be watered ? Do I water to run off or just a small amount around plant thanks

8. Watering slowly in an outward radiating fashion, in an elevated 3 gal. container, with a nice fluffy well draining mix and good air circulation, you should see a slight drip with 25-30oz, and not need to repeat for 3-4 days. Mas O menos and menos is always preferable when it comes to watering. Them roots gotta breathe.

• Like Like x 1