Watering with nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sparks207, May 10, 2012.

1. So a few questions...

Can I use nutes while I water like once a week with grow nutes and then switch to bloom nutes during flower?

To get a longer period flowering plant to bloom on time should I use a bloom starter or boaster?

Any suggestions on feed for the one day I do feed?

2. The question youve asked really requires an entire chapter of a "how to" book but ill do what i can in a few paragraphs.

Yes is the answer to your question but with many caveats.

Rarely do fertilizers benefit outdoor cannabis until it is at least 60 days old and waiste high. If the plant shows signs of nutrient deficiency prior to that time. the starting and grow medium is inadequate and needs to be addressed. After that, I would recommend the "weakly weekly" method. That is 1/2 dose per week of a high nitrogen fert.

Beginning in early july or so, the plant will begin to demonstrate preflower growth. This growth would be known as "stretch" indoors, but outdoors it means that 80% of total plant growth will occur in the following 45 days. Plants often double in size from 2 weeks prior to flower to 4 weeks into flower.

Because of this rapid growth, the plant needs considerably more food if the growth is to be optimized so during this period, pour it on. ALL NITROGEN should be stopped at 4 weeks into flower. Continued use of nitrogen longer than that will result in nito being expelled through the leaf surface which creates a harbor for mould, decreases potency and elongates the buds.

Whew!

3. Thanks man

That's what I needed