Watering when flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tyleryaw, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ****first time grower: Please Hell!****

hey guys I have 3 autos ready to switch to a 12/12 flowering cycle. Been closely monitoring water for the past week or so to make sure they are not under/over watered.

My question is..how much water should they be getting when I switch to flowering? They currently get watered 3x a week roughly 200-250ml per plant. And does my watering method change to prevent mold on buds?

2. Autos stay on 18/6 the full cycle! Unless you have photoperiod plants in with them that you want to flower then don't change the light cycle!

3. Or they can be kept on 24 hour light or 20/4
    I'm trying 20/4 with mine just now (still a newb myself!) But I think 18/6 is the mosy popular, I did my last auto on 12/12 because it was along side a photo plant and I only got 1oz from it :( although it was my 1st grow under a very cheap Chinese led

4. If I don’t switch to 12/12 how to a trigger the reaction for the plants to start flowering

5. Also could you tell us what size and type of pots you are using? What kind of soil? Any perlite? And size of your plants, this all contributes to how fast your soil dries out.
    I'm in a 15 litre pot with biobizz all mix soil and watering roughly every 5 days.
    A good way to get a rough idea is the weight of your pot, this time round let it go very dry, until you have no doubt at all that it needs water! And feel the weight of the container, water it then check after 4 or 5 days how much it weighs, when it's very light it needs a drink!
    Seen loads of experienced growing saying how easy it is to over water a plant

6. And it's in the name.. autoflower! They do it themselves when they're ready! It's going to flower at it's own time regardless what the light is doing, so because light=food you might as well keep giving it loads of light!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 5 gal mesh pots
    Biofungicide + mycorrhizae super soil
    Used a general organics bio root for weeks 1-3

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't feed for the 1st 2 weeks (nutes in soil)
    Then biobizz grow until it shows pistils
    Then switch to biobizz BLOOM

Another thing with Autos, they don't use as much nutes as photoperiods. Keep the feeding very light. Again, over feeding can do more harm than good.

I'm no expert I've just read a lot from other growers lol

9. As for amounts of water, soak the thing! Till the soil is drenched and your sure there is no little air pockets. With the last bottle or watering can full add your feed. Just make sure you let it dry out properly between each time, the surface may look dry but put your finger in a couple inches and check for moisture

10. Watering daily? I think your girl is more likely over watered!
    Those pots will stay moist for around a week! Depending on your temps/humidity and how much the girls drink
    Let the soil really dry out first! Then soak completely

11. Over watering and under watering symptoms look very similar

12. Just pay attention to your plants they'll tell you when they need water just comes with experience

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

13. The
    They get a daily misting. The main watering is done 3x a week and yea been making sure the soil is not dry.

14. Don't switch to 12-12 because it will greatly reduce your yield.
    24-0 will get the biggest yield.

15. Youved picked me up wrong, you want the soil to go dry!!
    Like Jack said once you've done a few you will be able to tell looking at the plants, they start looking droopy only after the soil is almost 100% dry

16. I try to gauge it and water just before I think they're about to start showing signs, mainly judge by the weight of the pot. Only water when it's extremely light compared to the watered pot

17. Since the plants are already on (and since day 1) have been 18/6 would it be safest to just keep the light cycle as is to reduce stress?

And by doing so the plants will just begin to flower? I thought I needed to trigger the flowering

18. I've seen loads of debate on this, a lot of people think a 4 hour rest period does help, some swear by 18/6

19. Yes just stay 18/6 and they will flower when ready :)