watering too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chris bee, Aug 6, 2011.

1. I have 6 (now 5) white russian plants planted in 3" temporary containers. They are about a week and a half old and I just got off of work today and looked at them and one was completely limp and starting to shrivel and the other 5 are bending backwards almost like they're wilting with slighty yellowing of the leaves.

They are about 5" tall and I've been watering them heavily once a day for the last 4 days. I'm using foxfarm oceanforest soil, I have a 400 watt hps that I just switched to 12/12 2 days ago sitting ~26" above the top leaves. The reflector is not air cooled but it does have glass and theres plenty of air flowing between the light and plants, with a 640cfm fan pulling old air out of the room. I don't have a camera to take any pictures but if anyone might be able to diagnose the problem by anything I've said I will greatly appreciate it. Any questions, please ask.

2. Sounds like you got it right, too much water yo. wait like a day or so before watering and see if they pick up again. Cant see what else the problem could be from how you described everything. Dont water so heavily next time :wave:

3. Allow the soil to dry out a bit between waterings. Don't worry about the clock or the calendar when you water -- in other words, it's not a matter of watering very X days. Some people need to water once a day, others once a week. It's very dependent on your grow setup, strain, etc.

4. Yeah, thats better advice.. sorry im really high haha. just stick your finger in the soil and if it feels dry like an inch down then they need some water, your plant will tell you when its thirsty, by looking droopy and shit.. no reason to keep that soil flooded.

5. Thank you guys. This is my second grow and my first was an ebb and flow system, so I'm still getting the hang of growing with soil.