watering too little?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sleepy96, Aug 30, 2009.

1. My friend and i have a growing project set up right now, and we tried growing from some bag seeds, but they havent grown at all :/

we germinated them correctly, and waited till a root sprouted, but still nothing.

could we possibly not be watering them enough?

2. We have to know what its sittin in..lol. You doing soil? Hydro? Rockwool Cubes??

3. haha yeah sorry i probably should have said..

its soil, miracle grow organic, 3 month feed, i also have some miracle grow moisture control with 9 month feed. Which would be the best to use and how much water should be put in? The containers right now are just the small ones that are split into 4, like what you get when you buy small plants from the store.

when they start growing, they will be transferred to some bigger pots, not sure of the size but i would say probably a gallon-ish, maybe more

4. #4 juSTONEDumbkid, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    is it extended release do you know? the nutes in the soil might be killing the seeds before they can even sprout

5. Well i'm no soil expert, the guy's advice above is good info..maybe the nutes in the soil are too much for the baby. Soil is supposed to be damp, so if your soil is wet, maybe its too wet? How long since you planted the germed seed? I was using rockwool cubes one time when I had it too wet, and it restricted the stem from growing up through the cube because it was too thick around the seed. I don't think this would be a problem with soil, but it's a possibility. Sometimes stems won't emerge from the surface for 7 days, has it been past 7 days?

6. i think its extended release, but im not positive. (all of the growing stuff is at my friends)
    Ive heard about the nutes, what exactly do they do and how do they affect the plants? and if this is the case, what soil would you suggest using?

Im not sure how much he watered them, but he said he did it daily, but the soil was always crusty dry when he checked it the day after, which makes me think he wasnt watering them enough. It was probvably almost 2 weeks, with no results.

it is being grown in a cloest, with the temp being around 80 ish, and a fan pulling in fresh air from the room, so i dont think it is too hot to damage anything that way.

What would be a good amount of water to put on if a spray bottle was used? as in the amount of sprays that should be used in a small container, and also how much once it is moved to a big one?

7. The stuff in the soil could be too harsh for the little babys. Try keeping the seeds in the towel deal until their round leaves open up. I did that with my plants and all of them have sprouted and only lost I think 4 sprouts from not setting them in the towel right (they grew in a circle instead of up and out), and aside from those I have a few in the soil now and they're doing fine since the transplant. Just be extra careful when peeling the roots away from the towel cuz if they've started to vein (branch off into tiny little roots) they'll break extremely easily. But if you're extremely careful with it, this method, I think, helps ensuring your children will grow. Also, if you're packing the soil down on em that can prevent them from growing.