Watering system

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by dubs_okaygo, Sep 30, 2018.

1. I'm going on vacation for a week on Wednesday, and sadly I don't have anyone to come care for my plants, and I also can't spend the money on a drip system.

I do have an air pump and a lot of gallon buckets/ timers.

Does anybody have a quick, cheap way to make a temp drip system ??
    The plant in flower should be good so it's mostly just for a single veg plant and 2 clones

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I just was on vacation for a week. 6 plants got watered by an AWS system but 2 I just transplanted to bigger pots right before I left and placed them in plastic tubs and gave them a good soaking...not really worrying about removing the little bit of run-off.
    All went well...tranplanted pair were still hydrated upon return.

3. So you basically put them in a tub and watered enough to where the pot sat in water?

Sorry not sure what a AWS is

4. Scroll down this thread and I show where I am using one...
    Watering Revisited
    I water as I usually do. When I see run-off I stop. It may leave an 1/2 to an inch at the bottom of the tub. Most of which gets sucked back up into the peat I grow in, within a few hours. Just giving it a little extra to start the unattended week while knowing the recent-transplants, roots are not yet at the bottom.
    I guess the first question should have been...what medium? Suggestion probably does not apply to water every day coco or hempy/perlite grows. I am in Promix and it worked for me.

5. I'm in soil, but everything is in a smart pot other than the clones which if I lose them that's not that big of a deal . The flowering plant is on a rise though so It won't work for her but I think if I just give her an extra half gallon she should make it.
    I leave Wednesday morning and come back Tuesday afternoon