Watering sproutlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Hi guys, I was wondering, how much water must I give to the sproutlings. Over the past week I was giving like 250ml to each sproutlings but after some research it seems like I must water the whole pot in order to keep the water moist. Is this true? Did I fuck up by giving only a little water? Can it be fixed with more watering? ( not soaking wet, but enough to keep the earth moist in order to aid the root growth?)
    Thanks!

Ps: im growing auto fem plants in 12L pots (thats like a 3 gallon pot of soil) since they cant be transplanted and need to be in the same pot for the whole time of the growth and flowering process. Thanks

2. have the seedlings come up from the soil yet? if so, do they look healthy? i didn't measure, but ran enough water to cause some drainage at the bottom of the cup i was using. My baby sprouted up fine.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

3. They're all out of the soil and doing fine ( got 4 leaves now)
    However I never watered them enough to have some water drain. I'll water them more just enough so theres a water drain... I guess I fucked up but i'll fix this right away this evening!

• Like Like x 1
  4. As long as they don't wither its fine. This is why people germinate in small containers to Constantly watch water and adjust. The seedling doesn't need that much saturated soil. You'd be competing for grow space with algae and mold with seedlings that can't dry up the soil.

I think you did good by micro watering to avoid over. saturation and delayed drying. If they all sprouted.
    I don't have run off of water till my plants are at a foot I feel like it leaves to much standing water since the roots aren't absorbing that fast

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. sounds good man, you might not need to change anything if they look healthy...i don't think you messed up. if it aint broke dont fix it lol

6. very good point. i agree with this...i was just using a small solo cup as starter as opposed to the big pot off the bat

7. Ok good :)
    Im using a 250w (6500k)cfl coupled with 4 100w cfl (4100k) for support lighting. Since I added the 4 cfl its doing quite a difference!

8. Well autoflowering plants cant be transplanted, otherwise they dont grow more roots and will remain small. Ive done alot of research on that..

I got another question. It seems like one of my plants has it roots growing horizontal. i mean litteraly, the roots are horizontal so he tends to fall due to the direction of the roots (being horizontal) is there a way I can fix this?

• Like Like x 1
  9. yea i have 8 x 100w equiv. 6500ks and she's growing like a bush at 20 days old lol [​IMG]

10. What about my root problem?...

11. Well frank that is not correct, autoflower can be anything you want them to be, transplanted, topped, femed, LST, even super croped. The issue is not that they dont grow roots, all plants grow roots or die, the issue is that they have a set time to grow form start to finish and no matter what you do they will flower at the same time, so if you transplant and wait for they roots to grow into the new soil you are using the veg time to grow roots and not plant so when you 50 day plant is 40 days old and just started to flower and is only 6 inches tall that is what will happen

• Like Like x 1