Watering solution .Need opinions for this idea

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ganja4, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ok folks.
    I am planning to grow soon outdoors.A couple of plants.In the forest.Not a water source near.But i can take 1.5 litre bottle with me when i go jogging there.I live in mediteranean are so it gets pretty hot and dry.
    So i am hoping i can get away with this 1.5 litre
    I have been reading threads about the problem of watering when it comes to outdoors.
    So i had this idea and i want your opinions.
    What if...
    Presoak polymers to get them expanded ,
    Get a biiiig bucket/pot and place a thick layer of the expanded crystals on bottom.
    Mix some crystals with soil and top the bucket/pot with that mix
    Dig a hole in the ground and place in there the bucket/pot.
    Now there is that issue.Do you make holes on the bottom of your bucket/pot ?
    If you dont.Then i assume less waterings. I remind you i am talking about summer in the mediteranean.Rly hot and dry.Really intense sun.
    So the whole point is to be able to sustain life with small amounts of water 3 times per week lets say.Or even everyday.But a litre ,litre and a half.Sth u could carry with you without looking weird
    Any opinions are apreciated

2. Your 1.5 litre will get a couple plants along for about 2 months. Then you're gonna start needing gallons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eh my outdoor grows end up drinking 1.5 GALLONS every 3rd day when in flower per plant ! and that's with moderate coastal temps averaging about 75 daily . 4 plants drank 6 gallons every 3 days

4. My outdoor monsters were taking up 20 gal a day

5. I live and grow in the desert of southern California.
    Once the plants are over 3 feet tall they go through a few gallons of water daily in the heat of the summer.

Another thing to think about. Growing in a wild public space is not good for the natural environment.
    Just introducing extra water into the climate/ecosystem can and will alter the natural balance. Think about the fertilizers needed for the grow to come off even somewhat successful. Now you're introducing chemical pollutants.

In my humble opinion, it's much better to just grow in your backyard.