Watering seedlings with hydrogen peroxide solution

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by turtle360, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Did I mess this up?

I saw advice that soaking seeds in a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide protects the seeds and that watering the newly sprouted seed with same solution is beneficial. Did I get it wrong, especially the part about watering with hydrogen peroxide water?

Also, is it ok to water the first few times with RO water or is it always better to adjust it back up to 125 ppm or so with a drop of cal mag?

Wondering because while 3/3 seeds germinated they don't seem to be developing.

2. Your last sentence seems to answer it all...................

3. It's always worked fine without hydrogen peroxide. Why fuck up seeds like that? It's not going to make a difference what you use to germinate during vegetating and flowering so....use pure water. Happy growing!

4. Normally Hydrogen peroxide does not sit around or last for very long it reacts quickly with everything around it. So any damage that was done was done right away. The watering would react with everything around it and would render the hydrogen peroxide dormant. I just use plain water when i do my seedlings and then start with a light nutrient solution after they sprout through the soil.