Watering schedule?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Indicasuupreeme, Dec 18, 2017.

1. got some General Hydro Flora Trio nutes with SensiCal Mag Xtra, got my ph reader ready and my seeds germinated in the coco, now how should I water??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Some say everyday in coco. I water when the tops dry or pots feel light.

3. When they’re small you don’t have to water daily. Once they root I would suggest watering 1-4 times a day. Check your run off if it’s getting too high I would suggest doing a calmag only watering.

• Like Like x 1
  4. As long as your watering is proportionate to the root mass

I water with nutrients from the day I plant that little wee tap root into my coco

I do however use a dropper for it's frequent feedings until it gets a few sets of leaves

But coco you want to water it every single day, as long as you water in proportion to the root mass
    Tap root = eye dropper

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nutrients with every water?

6. I keep my seedlings @ 150-200 ppm they do quite well

Always keep your roots in mind for every decision you make with your grow

7. so yes use nutes?

8. Coco is inert
    Without food how will it grow?

9. Omg so my girlfriend was trying to adjust the ph of the water when i wasnt home and used the 4.0 calibration liquid. She watered them twice while i was out of town for a day and a half, do you think they will be fine if I correct it as soon as i get home?

10. I’d flush them just in case
    Better safe than sorry

11. So you think that didnt kill em?

12. They’re pretty tough.
    Just flush asap

13. Wait so she watered them with the calibration liquid? Lol all I've asked my gf to do is not leave the closet light on at night and it still happens sometimes haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. If all she did was use the calibration liquid to lower the pH into the right range (like pH down), you should be fine i would think. Now if she just dumped this pH4 solution into the soil that might cause an issue. Although those solutions don't usually come in very large amounts so I feel like that wasn't what happened

• Like Like x 1
  15. nah she just poured it into some water to lower the ph. But anyways, I flushed with 5.9 ph water, then gave a small calmag watering, their first set of true leaves are coming in but 2 out of the 3 of the plants’ cotyledons are curling down. They look healthy but the curl is worrying[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Looks fine to me

17. Careful with that SensiCalMag xtra. The extra is 4% nitrogen when many other cal/mag supplements are 1-2% nitro. GH calimagic is 1% nitro, Botanicare cal/mag plus is 2%.

That extra 4% nitro can start causing unexpected nitro toxicity if it's not accounted for with reduced amount of micro.

Not really that ideal since the nutrient profile in micro is alot more diverse then just what is in cal/mag extra.
    I would consider getting a cal/mag with a lower nitrogen profile. Ideally GH calimagic since it would go with your main nutrient line.

You will most likely need extra cal/mag when running coco. It causes increased consumption of both those minerals by it's nature. That's why there is specially formulated coco only nutrient lines. The main difference is all of them run extra cal/mag. Simply running more of that can adapt most any nutrient line to coco instead of buying the specifically made lines.

I've been running the GH flora series for years. Consider just using micro and bloom. You don't need grow. It has duplicate ingredients and throws off control of the npk ratio. With just micro and bloom your micro is the nitro component at 5-0-1 and your bloom is the p&k component at 0-5-4. Feeding equal amounts of both results in an npk ratio of 5-5-5 or 1-1-1. Most hydro growers that use the micro/bloom method follow something called the lucas formula. I've been using it for over a year with a lot of success. It's very easy. When using standard flora bloom you feed at double whatever you feed in micro. If you feed 2ml's of micro feed 4ml's of bloom, ect.

At bloom if you switch to Gh liquid koolbloom you switch to equal parts of each micro/koolbloom. Koolbloom is 0-10-10 so at equal parts to micro the end ratio of npk is 5-10-11. My plants love it. Cannabis is a phosphorus hog even in bloom more so then other plants. That's why it doesn't always do well on all purpose nutrient schedules.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Two rules I've heard but you may not have heard that will help your coco grows.

Coco doesn't like to follow your typical wet/dry cycle of watering with other more soil like mediums. It is so good at grabbing onto moisture and releasing it to the plant as it needs it you need to always keep it little moist. This may require multiple feedings a day once the plant is larger.

Coco also like frequent feeding. Don't give the plant a rotation of just water too often if at all. Feed lite and often with a slightly higher spike of cal/mag then usual and you're plants will thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks so much Tbone! Could you supply me with a feeding schedule/guide? I have the GH Flora Series Trio and just picked up some CaliMagic. Been following the “Growweedeasy.com” schedule for coco except I have been feeding every water instead of alternating just plain and food and they seem to be doing pretty good. Any guide you got for me would be great!