watering schedule for drip hydro setup???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DaddyX3, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Hi, I've done a little reading in here but am having some difficulties trying to find the correct schedule to run my pump / drip intervals. Soooo???? I was wondering if I could get some help? How often to turn the pump on and for how long each time??? Is vegging the same as flowering???

Thank you!!!

2. OK... This has ALWAYS worked for me, and still does. Keep in mind this is in CoCo and running 4 LITRE per hour drippers.

GROW: 15 minutes twice a day for the grow stage (one time each 12 hours period, just before lights on, and just after lights off), this will soak your medium enough to keep it moist, to the point it is nearly dry, then soak it again so the roots drink in as much nute as they can.

FLOWER: Because the roots are BIGGER and fill basically most of your medium. I water 4 times a day (every 6 hours) for 15 minutes, this way they drink in as much as they need, and are constantly fed a consistent amount so no deficiencies develop.

Hope this helped.

3. hmm i use a continous drip system, so mine runs 24/7. but thats on a smaller setup of mine, the link in my sig is a flood and drain system.

4. it mainly depends on the type of medium you use. Hydroton you need to run it 247 or expect ya plants to curl up and say so long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for your replies! Seems like its all over the board right now. I am running 6x6x6 rockwool cubes on a simple tray about 3" deep. Was just going to run a drip on a timer. Have a submersible and a 30 gal res. with drip line running to each cube. Also have 6 mothers running in soil in 5 gal buckets right now and they seem to be much happier at the moment :\ I just moved the 6 in cubes about 4 days ago and they are pretty unhappy. PH is good and nutes should be fine as well. Using FF Big Grow ( I believe that is the name.... sorry, newb to hydro ) for veg.

6. SO what plants did you need to run the drip through?

7. I have 12 plants huh? Sorry, didn't understand the question.... Is it wrong to run it this way? Should I be running it in a ebb & flow style by flooding? Not sure I understood the question :$

8. Ebb and Flow is too complex and not really great with CoCo...

I would run it THIS WAY:GROW: 15 minutes twice a day for the grow stage (one time each 12 hours period, just before lights on, and just after lights off), this will soak your medium enough to keep it moist, to the point it is nearly dry, then soak it again so the roots drink in as much nute as they can.

FLOWER: Because the roots are BIGGER and fill basically most of your medium. I water 4 times a day (every 6 hours) for 15 minutes, this way they drink in as much as they need, and are constantly fed a consistent amount so no deficiencies develop.

That's my suggestion.