Watering Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bravedave, Jul 16, 2017.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Could be, I find that cannabis is a phosphorus loving and potassium loving plant compared to nitrogen even in veg. I tried vegging with GH floranova grow since it's one part and kept getting phosphorus def. After I read about the lucas method I've been vegging with the bloom. It's 4-8-7 and the veg plant love it.

3. yeah I am starting to appreciate that now. Never had the confidence to go lucus for a soil grow. Guess its b/c I don't know enough about it.

4. give this man a cigar

• Like Like x 2
  5. All in about 60/70 bucks mate.

6. The cookbook I started with had me using a 20-20-20 for veg and a 9-58-8 for flower. (Yeah, 58 ;) ) It worked but I didn't need that much P.
    Since then I switched to the 20-10-20 for veg, reducing the P when I started using MyKo Extreme. Mychorrhizae is not effective with P over 80ppm. This was where I also discovered that my plants needs were pretty minimal. I feed 1/2tsp per gl. every water.
    When I switch to flower nutes post stretch I bump up the P but bump up the K even more. I continue with Epson also that I start a couple weeks before the flip, but for the sulphur not the chlorophyll enhancement.

7. Nice work. Looks awesome.

8. Hey storz, how did you construct that wicking basket? You have a really nice design.

9. Ty. It is a sheet metal ducting reducer. It a 12 inch to 10 inch reducer. I trimmed it down a little on the 10 in end, then I zip tied a piece of smart pot material to the bottom and filled it with perlite to the12 in. diameter portion so the #5 smart pot sits in it.

10. I used some smart pot material around the top of it as a gasket to prevent light getting into res from small gap between tote lid and basket. I used double stick tape to fasten it to basket. The basket rotates in the tote so I can spin plant for trimming pruning spraying etc.

11. Edit: Didn't see the first response. Awesome. Well done.

12. For what? Per plant?

13. No.

For the kit

Res. Pot . Flood tray. And auqua valve.

Each pot an tray when bought without the res range from £15 -25 depending on which gallon pot u go with

Look at this on eBay AUTOPOT XL 25L 1,2,4,6,8,10 Pot Modules | eBay

• Like Like x 1
  14. About $175 here to accommodate my 6 with the bigger pots. Not bad.

15. This is 1 in the xl option im running now 20170813_205347.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice bouquet.

17. So, you have me completely sold on this. I'm off to Home Depot. I'll always give credit to you for this design if it ever comes up.

It's funny, I don't think SIP is even mentioned in Jorge Cervantes' encyclopedia book, which is a "gold standard" of sorts. And I don't know why this version of SIP isn't more widely used. I think this has the potential to get really, really popular.

Wish me luck, and thanks again for sharing. Very cool stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. So from the pics. My turn to be dumb. The one that looks like an ice pick is your cork, water level indicator? Why does it seem the red and green marking on it seems backwards...assuming the pic end is what sticks up and out?
    And the other ammendment to the lid is where I assume you add water. I am not understanding its design...is that a ping pong ball or something...how is it constructed?

19. I noticed that about the coloring too. Figured it was just personal color choice preference. :)

20. Red indicates you are getting close to overfilling
    Yep that is where I add water
    Yes that is a ping pong ball as a float