Watering questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crippledkiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. How many gallons of water does a flowering plant in 10 gallon pots need

2. If you have good drainage enough to where you have around 20% as run off out of the bottom.

3. Plants r outdoor and pots are in the ground can't see runoff

4. What kind of soil are you using. Drainage is how good the water goes through the soil and drains out of the bottom drain holes in the grow pots. When growing in pots its good to give them enough water and or nutrient mix to where 20% of that water or nute mix drains out the bottom. This is especialy helpfull when using chemical based nutrients as it will help prevent salts that build up in the soil from the chemical based nutes. Example: when I used to use 3 gallon grow pots I would give them about 1 gallon of PH`d water or nute mix and that would give me around 20% of that water or nute mix as leftover drainage out of the bottom of the pot in a catch tray.

5. So if you did 1 gallon in 3 gallon pot should I do 3 gallons for 10 gallon pots

6. Oh, ok the pots or grow bags are in the ground. My outdoor plants are in the ground and are about 8 feet tall and I give them about 4 gallons and for a feed day I give them 3 gallons. I got like little burms around each plant and I water them till the water is just below the top of each burm, so its probably around 4 gallons maybe a little more. post some pics of your plants if you can.

7. So I need to water 4 foot plants 2 gallons

8. 2 gallons or so should be fine when its not real hot out. If its real hot out like over 100 I give them a little more. In flowering I give them about an extra gallon. Go by how your plants look shortly after watering, if they start to look really droopy then you may be giving them to much water and just back off a little bit on the next watering.

9. [quote name='"tplat"']

2 gallons or so should be fine when its not real hot out. If its real hot out like over 100 I give them a little more. In flowering I give them about an extra gallon. Go by how your plants look shortly after watering, if they start to look really droopy then you may be giving them to much water and just back off a little bit on the next watering.[/quote]

Thanks that helps is it ok to let them droop for the rest of today its to late to water them have to wait until tomorrow morning

10. If their drooping from not being watered enough or often enough then I wouldnt let them go to long without water.

11. [quote name='"tplat"']
    If their drooping from not being watered enough or often enough then I wouldnt let them go to long without water.[/quote]

They started to droop around 12:00 today do you think it will make it tell morning or should I water a little bit tonight

12. If you havent watered recently then I would. Even just a gallon or so till tommorow would be better then nothing till tommorow.

13. [quote name='"tplat"']

If you havent watered recently then I would. Even just a gallon or so till tommorow would be better then nothing till tommorow.[/quote]

Ok thanks