Watering question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Nov 7, 2017.

1. I have a 5 gallon bucket just transplanted... a gallon of water won't barely give me any runoff... question is how do I water with nutes if I'm going to use more than 1 gallon when the nutes tell me to use 1 gallon of water... should I put all nutes in first gallon then give another watering of plain water To give the run off?? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I was wondering the same thing not long ago. It takes about a gallon 1/2 to get decent runoff for mine. The label on the back of your bottle is the recommended dose for a gallon of water not how much your plant actually needs so now I mix the amount of nutes I feel my girls need for every gallon I use. If that makes sense

• Like Like x 1
  3. So since I already Fed with nutes in the last gallon of water I can let the roots soak up the nutes for a little bit then just water another gallon of plain water to get a run off???

4. I am growing in 5 gal buckets........
    I drilled the holy shit out of my buckets ....... hundreds of holes if not a few thousand.
    3/16 drill size , then as the plant is growing I air ate the soil by sticking a skewers in and out trough the holes in the side of the bucket ...
    Just put 4 plants into flowering, flushed with hammer down.
    One gallon seemed to be plenty enough to flush my plants down . in flowering .
    Normal watering I use about 1/2 per gallon water every 3 days .

I mainly use fox farm soils ....

• Like Like x 1
  5. You're making this way too complicated - just mix up more nutes and continue feeding to run off.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've already mixed up the max amount I would use to feed...

7. Nah mix up every gallon with nutes.

8. If it's feeding day that is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So just split up the nutes in half then?

10. What do you mean? I don't understand. A plant requires different amounts of nute solution depending on how much it drinks and it's size and the size pot it's in. Your plant may have only needed a gallon to get run off at one point, but the larger it gets and the more it drinks, the more nutrient solution is required to obtain run off.

11. Let me try to explain. If it take 1.5 gallons of h2o to water with run off, when you feed, mix 1.5 gallons of water with nutes. 1.5 gal of water and 1 1/2 x the recommended amount of nutes/gal. If it calls for 20ml, use 30ml.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ok.. I reverted back to this post to try to understand.. Lol. I have to water today.. . I only have a gallon container. That gallon does not give me a runoff.. If I need to use 2 gallons for a run off. Then I'd mix half the nutes in one gallon and the other half in the other? So I just split it up evenly? So if i were to use 2 teaspoons of grow big I'd put 1 teaspoon in one gallon and another in the other gallon?

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. oh my.........

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah... some people just don't automatically know shit without learning first.. May seem stupid, but I'd rather ask before I start fucking shit up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 MickFoster, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Your question has already been answered in post #11. But I'll give it a try. If you double the amount of water you use, then you must double the amount of nutes you use in order to maintain the same nute strength. Let say that you require 5ml per gallon of nutrients and you double the water but still use only 5ml nutrients - you're only feeding 2.5ml per gallon. 5ml per gallon of water - not 5ml per 2 gallons of water. I can't think of anything else I can say that would explain it any better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I apologize if I'm not grasping the information here. I'm just trying to be sure.. I didn't mean to disrespect anyone here if I have..

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Ok so you need more water to get runoff. But you only have a one gallon bottle to mix nutes in. Same with me. So let's say you want to use 5ml of nutes per gallon. Mix up one gallon with 5ml of nutes. Water plant with it. Then mix up another gallon with 5ml and water again. Now you have runoff. Problem solved. If you double the amount of water but keep amount of nutes the same, your feeding at half strength.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. No disrespect here. You'd be disrespecting your plants though if you weren't sure and fed at too little or too high a dose. Better to be sure and not f things up. Peace.

19. No disrespect here. You'd be disrespecting your plants though if you weren't sure and fed at too little or too high a dose. Better to be sure and not f things up. Peace.