Watering question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by happytoking, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Quick watering question.

My mate gave me some auto-flowering northern storm seeds (northern lights snow storm cross) that he had left over. I want to grow a couple plants but i'm not home every night. If i watered them say, every other day would they still grow okay with good light+air+food? theyre supposed to be high-yield dwarf plants. so only a foot or so tall. So if i watered them 4 days a week pretty well would they still grow?

Thanks and happy toking! :smoking:

2. You don't need to water 4 times a week.

I live in a really dry climate and only water my plants 2 times a week.

You're plants will do better if you water less. Just be sure to get a timer for your equipment and make sure your temps are solid.

Good luck, man!

AZ

3. Oh, okay! Thanks bro I appreciate the quick answer.
    These are supposed to do fine with 24hr light (the auto fem kind apparently like it...) but I did get a timer for my fan.

Thanks again!

4. You'll need a timer for your lights as well. I believe that with auto flower you still need to switch the light cycle to trigger different kinds of growth. 24/0 or 20/4 for veg and 12/12 for flower. Check this thread for more info

http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/263178-all-about-lighting.html

AZ

5. I guess I stand corrected.

24/0 seems to be okay for autos throughout life. Cool, good to know.

6. I know right Isn't that cool? Theyre such low maintenance, great for a moderate personal user like myself :smoking:

7. Mine are 4 weeks old and I water them about 3 times a week. Overwatering is just as bad as no water and 4 times a week will be overwatering. Just be sure to add some food with your water. Good luck

8. Depends on the size of your pot, but I water my one gallon pots every three days and my five gallon pots even less. Like was already said though, 24 hours of light will do just fine for auto flowering, but there hasn't been any significant research that proves 24 instead of 18 hours of sunlight is better so I would just run it 18 like I did with my autos and they will come out just fine :)