Watering Problems, Maybe, Maybe Not

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrGreenthumb619, Apr 22, 2014.

1. I recently got my ph down to 6.0 and started to treat my water. I try and water between 36-48 hour sked....it's crazy though, the last couple times I've watered they all get droopy for about 12 hours....Then when the soil is feeling really dry they are perked up...I don't get it. You would think that they would be happy when they get watered. Nutrients are at about 1000ppm, and there is no discoloration...I have always heard that t you can never over water, you can only water to frequently...you guys tell me

2. I think the leaves are heavier at first when they suck up all that water. My plants do it too. Someone suggested I only give them half the water I do, but I haven't cut back and they are doing great.

A lot of people will tell you different things about watering. My gf's dad has been trying to give me tips to water them more often because he grew 20 yrs ago. I think I will stick to the info of current pros.

3. I'm not a pro but I water my girls heavy. 1-2 liters every 2-3 days. I wait til the soil is so dry that I see the plants start to droop a little. Then saturate them til I get some decent run off. Also I have tons of holes in my buckets and added perlite to make sure I'm getting proper drainage. Last time I didn't have holes in the bottoms and lost 3 girls to waterlog. Water in large doses with proper drainage less frequently. I'm no pro tho. Just a noob trying to help fellow noobs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. guygreenthumbs has it right.  Don't water until the soil is dry.  Pick up the pot when you've just watered and when it's dry- you can feel a big difference.  They also get longer roots when they have to go deep for the water.  If you need to buy soil moisture meters to tell you when to water do that.  I used them until I got the hang of not watering too much.  Again, guygreenthumbs suggestions are spot on with adding the perlite and holes in the bottom of your pot.