Watering problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tcpuvgz, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

So I've recently transplanted to a 11L pot (ca. 3 gallon) and I watered about 3L (0.8 gallons). My problem is the runoff. Well not the runoff itself, but the weight of the pot makes it very difficult to take out the saucer with the runoff. Any ideas on how I can do this conveniently? I managed, but it was very annoying. Maybe siphon it out somehow?

Attached Files:

2. just a question really, what would happen if you left it there?

3. blow your fan at it? that would be the laziest solution imo ^^

4. i was thinking about using some sort of vacuum, im just thinking what kind.

5. you're overthinking it, a computer fan would do the job while maintaining good humidity levels inside the grow room... But hey, not my plant :) À

More air currents are always welcome in a grow area

6. i dont want to put more shit in my tent. but i think i got a solution. its only like 200 mL so I could just take a sponge and soak it 4-5 times and its done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Firstly, don't post pics under LED lighting. They're useless for us to look at to judge anything by. As for runoff, I don't take mine out of the tray. If you're growing in the right kind of soil, it should be very saturated with perlite and you MUST water very slowly. Start in the center and move outward in a circle first making sure you saturate the root ball. Continue to move outward until you saturate the ENTIRE pot...all the way out to the edges of the pot. If you water slowly, you have less runoff because it gives the plant time to grab what it needs. If you go in and dump your water in, you're not giving the plant a chance to get enough to hold it for awhile. I can saturate my pots and end up with very little runoff. Whatever is there is left to either be soaked back up by the plant or evaporate. We have lots of very strong hot lights, so it doesn't take much time for evaporation to happen. TWW