Watering Frequency

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mickie20001, Jun 13, 2019.

1. I've got 10 plants going right now just waiting to sex them - assuming I'll have half left once I can sort that out.

Right now I feel like the plants are a little large in the pots (approx 2 feet tall in 3 Gal fabric pots) and I'm watering daily. It seems like too much water but I check the soil in the mornings and it's dry. It's also been close to 100 here all week so not sure if thats part of it.

Just ordered some 25 Gal pots and a 100 Gal pot.

My questions:
    1. Am I watering too much.
    2. Can I wait to sex the plants before I transplant or should I transplant now?

My assumption was that I would transplant 1 more time and be done for the season

2. You're not watering to much if the plants look good. I've had to increase water lately because of sudden hot weather. Too much water and you will see the tips of the leaves curl down like a claw. Not enough water and the plants will look nappy, tired, and kinda wilty.

3. Yeah the first 100 day and I didn't water and all my babies were sad looking - a day or two out of the direct crazy sun and plenty of water brought 'em back.

4. I've had good results shading the buckets from the sun when it's hot. My buckets are black and it gets hot in there.