Watering Frequency?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TWrncH, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Getting ready to transplant some seeds that I sprouted in a tupperware container to my ebb and flow system. I have rockwool cubes surrounded by clay pellets. Is flooding 7 times (20 min per flood) during the 19 hour light period too often for seedling/sprouts? I don't want to overwater, so any input would be appreciated. As well, some say you don't need nutes at this stage, others do, what's the consensus? I'm new to this, so forgive me if these are dumb questions. Thanks for any help-

P.s.- do you need one of those expensive meters for PPM or EC, or can you get by with volume measurements from the back of the nute bottles?

2. No one has any ideas? C'mon guys- all this experience out there- guess everybody's too stoned to reply. Don't blame ya though- I'll just figure it out. Great forum though, lots of info!

3. I would say your watering is good. As long as you give time in between to let the roots get some oxygen.

I would use quarter strength solution nutes.

Also you can find PPM meters for about 40 bucks at a local hydrophonics store.
    Make sure your Ph is correct.

4. depending on the size of the cubes it would be different but either way I woluld just flood for a about that same 20 min but every 4 hours.. or when the cubes are dry

5. I start off flooding mine 15 mins every 3hrs, then 30 mins every 3hrs, then decrease the gap as the plant gets bigger, therefore increasing the amount of feed rather than increasing the feed strength.

for higher humidity, feed shorter with shorter gap - if u want rh lower, feed longer with longer gap ;)

Yes, ideally u need an accurate ppm / ec meter as well as ph meter, but they're not expensive off ebay.
    Offset the cost of meters against the price of 1/2lb of bud :smoking: