Watering/feeding In Coco?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by targett, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Hi all, just wondered whats your watering/feeding routine in coco? Ive done alot of reading and theres alot of mixed opinions. At the min mine are in veg and are about 5.5" tall, do you tip water onto the top of coco or fill the drip pan up and let it suck it up?
    Im giving 1/4 streignth cana A and cana B when should i up this?

Thanks

2. I water form the top every day with nutes...sometimes I skip a day if I'm lazy though. I water till I get about 10-15% runoff. watering into the drip pan is ok if the roots are established...but over time you will get buildups and need to flush....also sitting in water isn't great for roots.

I haven't used canna...so I can't advise on that...just increase slowly and watch carefully for burn....just make sure to go in small increments..cuz if you burn em with nutes you can't 'fix' em. Look in the coco section and try to find someone that's using the same nutes as you. Find someone that's having/had great success and copy what they're doing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ill keep them on 1/4 strength for another few weeks then while i veg then when i flower ill up it to half strength an slowly increase to recommended full dosage

• Like Like x 1
  4. sounds good. are you supplementing anything for cal/mag? I'm not sure if canna needs it (canna coco a/b?) ...but cal/mag deficiency is a common issue in coco. You might want to look in the coco section here for other growers using the same nutrients as you and see if they're supplementing any calmag....better to figure that out now before any problems might arise.

5. #5 targett, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    I didnt realise we had a cana section here, ill go take a look. Thanks