Watering during germination stage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sway23, May 5, 2008.

1. A few of my plants have just sprouted out of the soil (yay!!). So, at this point on, should I wait for the soil to dry out before watering? Or do seedlings still need constant watering?

2. For future knowledge, these basic questions have been covered many times, the search button and the stickies will cover this info for you.

To answer your question however, you want to keep the top soil moist (i recommend a spray bottle to be gentle and not bury the seed) until it spouts and after (in your case) until it establishes a root system. (2-5 days based on growth)

3. agreed, wait till the top 1-2" of soil drys out b4 u water, but try to keep it moist if u can w/ plain water, no nutes

4. Ah, OK, thanks!

I've actually read a ton of FAQs/posts/articles about growing, but they all seem to be a bit vague about the whole germination->vegetation phase. I know they mention to keep the top soil moist, but they don't seem to mention when you should stop doing that. Whether it's right after it sprouts, or if you need to keep it up until it fully enters the vegetation stage.

5. Right on, yea as stated, I recommend doing it for just a couple days or so, then start watering the soil evenly through pouring.