Watering dosage? + Soil Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Joshuallan, May 12, 2016.

1. #1 Joshuallan, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    I have just planted my seed in an 8oz plastic cup. I made two holes at the bottom about the a size of a chocolate chip each and used an Organic Soilless mix for it's medium.

I watered it about 25% of the size of the cup. I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to see any runoff? Since the cup is clear I can see some parts of the bottom of the soil aren't really watered, but I'm afraid of over-watering. What should I do? (PS: The cup is in a closet where it's dark and has enough humidity to keep moist.)

As for my soil question, I have NO basis whatsoever to see if the soil I put is compact or loose? What is the definition of loose anyway? Should I press around the cup to loosen soil? But what if the seed gets disrupted from sprouting? I don't know if my Soilless mix is too compact or not. I'm afraid seed might have a hard time rooting and experience rootbound, or am I just being paranoid? Cause a part of me is telling me I'm just over analyzing this.

I'm sorry for so much questions guys, just wanna get everything clarified.

Thanks so much guys, this forum is amazing!

Below are attached images of the cup
    (That's a thermometer/hygrometer BTW)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. We can tell you but there are a plethora of grow journals that you can read through to determine if what you are doing is going to work.

But....

Have you already germinated the seed? Then did you plant it?

If yes, leave the cup alone, don't water it again. Leave it in a humid area @ 80f 80%h with a little light over it. I like to use 23 watt CFL bulbs. Don't play with the soil, leave the cup be, and let nature take its course.

If you just stuck the seed in the cup and watered it. Then I would mix whatever soil your using with some perlite and replant it. You can germinate it first in paper towels, Or use Rockwool, Or just plant it in some soil... 80f @ 80% humidity is the key.

3. Hey bunks, you're right. Maybe I should look around and read through some grow journals.

Yes I have already germinated and planted it in the same pot I attached above. I'll start the light once I see a sprout :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app