watering coco question

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by nonfiction, Dec 15, 2013.

1. here's my debate

coco is a hydro medium, it's meant to be wet.....

roots grow big when soil is dry and they are looking for water... so what do you do with coco? i know some people do drip on timers 3 times a day, but i don't have the money and that's tons of work if you have a lot of plants, especially with a drain to waste system.... is it a terrible idea to let them get bone try as i would soil in veg? what about flowering? or is it a general consensus that watering reguarly is the best...

i moved to coco because of root rot in dwc, i dont want to deal with that again, plus if you put a bunch of regular watered plants in a tent well i had a fuckin powdery mildew problem im trying to avoid that, i think ideally i would be nice if i did one plant a day during veg, i plan to tranplant to 5.2gal coco hempy buckets before flowering..... what's best way to water coco hempy?

btw i do regularly flush to make sure run off isnt higher than what i'm putting in

2. also monitoring ppm with dwc was easy, how do i keep plants at limits in coco?

3. Roots don't grow big when soil is dry, roots grow big when conditions are ideal.
    Coco, if keep frequently watered gives near ideal conditions. 
    Water as often as is convenient, don't let them dry out if you want maximum growth.

If pm is a problem- deal with it.  Not that hard.

Re: ppm, start low- move up- observe plants- adjust-  not that hard.

Remember you need a little more calcium with coco.

4. thanks mate! i stopped feeding every water also... good idea?

5. it's quite impossible to overwater the plants when growing in a coco coir medium. that's if proper drainage is maintained. even new growers can safely grow marijuana in this type of medium. you can grwow weed under any condition and any level of expertise of the grower