watering cock up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by naturesforce, May 1, 2011.

1. hey dudes,
    like an arse, i made up my nutrient solution in a slightly dimmer room than usual.

as i have not got round to forking out for a good ph tester meter yet, im using that solution stuff where you put 2 drops in and then read the chart.

anyway when i turned the lights up full about 6 or so hours later the vial thing was still on the side. the colour was wrong, the colour of 7.0. i usually always give 6.4 and i was sure even under the dim light it was the 6.4 green.

so i suppose my question is....would the vial contents naturally evaporate some acid and turn blue again over time, cos im shitting my bricks that ive gone and given a too alkali mix.

if the worse case scenario is true, and i have, will just one incorrect watering have an adverse effect if i return back to normal next time?

thanks for reading

2. Ph changes when sitting, yes. Usually becomes more acidic tho, not alkaline...must have buffers in there.

3. thanks . i know that if i ph down some water to 6.4 and leave it with the lid off for a day or two, when i retest it returns to 7.4 i just wasnt sure if the ph solution would do similar.

oh well , she looks ok for now i think

cheers