Watering and nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stones1503, Aug 19, 2011.

1. At this risk of sounding new i must ask,
    What does it mean every other watering with fox farm tiger bloom, I water my plants every day and that seems like an awful lot of nutrients for my plants.
    I ask because normally I would only use my nuts once every other week, watered the rest and was content with the results.....
    I no longer want to be content more in the realm of stoked so have gone in to nutrients so sorry if I'm askin a strange question but I'd rather know than hurt my girls

2. Are you letting the soil almost dry completely? Pick up the plant, it should feel like the dirt weighs almost nothing. So yeah... just water your plant, wait til it dries out, water w/ nutrients, let it dry, water w/ plain water, etc.

3. #3 stones1503, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No I am not I live in the desert so temps get PRETTY high and so I do leave soil saturated, I will try this and see how it goes thanks for the helpful advice

4. No problem, I'm on my first grow, just about to start flowering, and I was doing the same thing. I used to water every day, but the plants were doing mediocre at best lol. One of my friends on here told me how to do it properly, and the plants are thriving now. Stick a finger into the dirt like an inch or more, and if your fingertip feels dry, its time to water or feed. How old are your plants? Unless they're flowering, you shouldn't be using only tiger bloom

5. Second week of flower, and I will use the finger trick more vigorously now!

6. Yea man, you want the plants to dry out pretty good, this helps make the roots grow and search for water.

I usually water really well, then let it dry out and water again 3-4 days later, I water my plants twice a week, and it works great.

Do not keep it saturated, you will have to deal with gnats, root rot, and fungus if you keep them saturated.

Good luck.

7. You do want to let the soil dry out a bit between waterings. That could take a day for some, a week or even more for others depending on many factors.

Don't feed more than once a week.

8. Awesome thanks guys I will keep all this in mind thanks for all the info guys

9. No problem man. The only reason my grow is going so well now is because of this site. Never think a question is trivial, sometimes the most important factor is the one you never ask about. For me, it was pH. Happy growing, man

10. Defiantly thanks bro, yea and that's always true I'll probably ask 100 more questions here pretty soon hah

11. Not a problem man. If you have a question, there's someone on here that has the answer. Do you have any pics of your grow? What kind of setup do you have?

12. I do have some pics up there on another post I did the other day in the absolute beginners forum,
    But basically right now I have my last 5 bubba kush going and 1 headband that ive recently got some clones from.
    All in my closet
    Currently running 150 hps plus another 70 hps for veg
    Will be upgrading this to hopefully 600 hps and maybe a cfl to mix the spectrum
    and right now since I'm starting my clones there only under 1 65w cfl
    Will be upgrading that to 2 65 watt'ers and another 150 cfl

I am going to try a grow journal one day just havnt figured out how to do it or had the time to start one up

13. Nice dude. Where did you find a 70w HPS lamp? I'm just getting started with cloning, but from what I read, you should probably use less watts for cloning. A friend of mine on here said to use a 13w cfl for clones, it seems to work. I've been using only a 400w hps for the whole life cycle of 3 white widows, and they're doing great. I recently built an all cfl vegging box, growing Super Crystal clones, Blackberry, Chemdog, & Pineapple chunk. I didn't do things right in the beginning, but after many modifications & additions, I have everything I need now lol. So my next grow will be much more efficient.

14. Haha yea that was kind of upsetting for me on this grow cuz I built a shelf in my closet to separate my flower and veg cuz I was veggie outside my closet and only had a lil Japanese room divider covering so light came through and I was getting NO SLEEP from the outside it looked like my room contained the sun just from that lil 70w
    I got it at home depot nice because I could put it like 3 in. From plants with a small fan and they never fried :)

15. What time of day yu guys say it's best to water the plants? Earlier morning or later n the afternoon when the suns getting low?

16. To answer that I would say after my lights have been for an hour to three I'll water or sometimes right when the light comes on I adjust to temperature