Waterfarm vs Aeroflo whats better

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by xpistoipetex, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Im going to be starting my very first grow. Ive done so much research within the past few months i feel like I know everything but i know thats not the case. I'm going to be getting into hydro and got it down to 2 systems. I will be getting 2x 8 pack General Hydroponics waterfarm or the Aeroflo 36.

I was wondering if anyone has tried both of these systems and what were there thoughts. I understand with the aerflo i will grow a lot faster and be able to grow more crops per year. From my research I've read people getting 3 ounces average per plant with the waterfarm and 1 ounce per plant with the aerflo.

If those are real numbers i would be able to crop about 4 times a year with the waterfarm getting 192 ounces yearly or crop 5 times with the aerflo and get about 180 ounces yearly. So they are not too far apart from weight wise.

I know the aerflo is a lot more complex and less forgiving than the waterfarm but say after a few crops I get everything dialed in would the waterfarm or aeroflo be better? whats the difference in weed quality? smell?

Just want to know from the people who have actually tried these systems your input and any advice you can give.

I welcome all comments and criticism

2. Wow, thats some first grow:eek:!

I am using the GH waterfarm with good results, BUT if I could go back and save my money, I would build Rumpleforeskins bubble buckets instead, (about the same cost.) Actually, I'll probably wind up ditching, or modafying the waterfarms in favor of the bubble buckets sooner or later.

Good Luck man:wave:

3. i just bought two areoflo20 any suggd... iknow that powder nutes dont work well, what is avg dried harvest off each 3" site

4. chebbs - From my research I've read liquid is a lot easier than powder. Liquid is more expensive and easier to use. I've also heard from others powder is the exact same as long as you mix it well, plus the powder will save you some money. Also heard some people getting their lines clogged from not mixing the powder well. I would go for the liquid if you have the extra money.

As far as how much dried weight for each aeroflo 3' site, it depends on a lot of factors, nutes, strain, etc. I've read some people getting 14 grams per plant (each 3' site) and I've seen as high as a 42 grams (ounces and a half). It seems to be most people are getting about a ounce average though. Here is a good link for someone who really knows how to use the aeroflo very well and is using advanced nutrients. He is expecting 25 grams per plant and is well knowledge. This is one reason I'm leaning towards the waterfarm. Im wanting 3 ounces per plant. Hope this helps.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...dvanced-nutrients-multi-strain-scrog-co2.html

5. hexyeah it helps...thx fellow gc brethren.