Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Waterfall bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ghostonvacation, Sep 13, 2012.

1. I know this has been asked before but I am not in a position to search GC at the moment. What's the best thing to use as a bowl for a gravity bong? I don't have any slides or anything.

Thanks

2. tin foil or go down to your lhs and grab one of those cheap metal screw top bowls. i always have one just in case i want to make some sort of contraption

3. A small socket. Like 3/16ths or something like that I can't remember.

Don't use tinfoil that's badddd.

4. Man that metal screw bowl sounds dope hah didn't know they made those will be picking one up next time for sure
    nice pretty sure I've got sockets scattered somewhere :smoking: sort of figured that was my best bet
    And yeah, I've read tinfoil ain't good for ya haven't done that in years lol

5. Dont do tinfoil, and tbh i wouldnt use a socket either. Usually sockets have some kind of coating on them. And there just dirty depending what you use it for. Glass on glass on glass on glasss

6. whats so bad about tinfoil? ive heard its bad but i never really knew why. as long as you're not putting the flame directly on it wouldnt it be fine? I just used a gravity bong with a tin foil bowl it seemed ok

7. i just use the bowl from either one of my bongs or in a pinch a socket

8. Yeah it seemed okay. The effects of smoking with tin foil won't happen right away, it'll progress later.

9. what though? do certain chemicals or something in the tin foil fume up and fuck you from the insides? im genuinely curious what it does to the body

10. "This is, the more obvious reason (to the naked eye), why I don't use foil, or even less questionable metal screens...

Ever notice how, after a while, they just seem to sort of.. disappear?

This doesn't happen at a much faster rate when it's 'used', you're not sparing your lungs much by using it just once, and throwing it out. It's slowly falling apart, dematerializing into absorb-able particulates, every single time you expose it to heat. With cooking, you use it once, and usually what little is released you consume orally, then, you know.. for the most part, it leaves via the other end. Aluminum has a low oral toxicity for that reason.

When smoking it, however, even through a water pipe you're inviting all that extra junk to make a sometimes permanent home, in your lungs. Inhaling smoke is hard on your body and bad enough as it is, without adding vaporized aluminum foil to its downfalls.

It's a matter of which you would prefer.. nothing extra? Or, a bunch of burnt aluminum 'stuff' residing in your lungs, that your body may take years to remove, if it ever does? [Smilie] The choice is yours [Big Grin]

Now, on to some more dangerous, science-ey facts.

Heating aluminum foil releases Aluminum Oxide fumes, which can cause metal fever.

This does not mean you will suddenly enjoy Slipknot, and begin painting your room and wardrobe black.

It is a serious illness which causes flu-like symptoms including chills and fever, and in serious cases of exposure, can result in death. What's worse, is not only the moisture, but the acidity in heated plant matter can enhance the breakdown process, causing it to occur at lower temps, and it gives the more dangerous metal vapor (and even the larger, and less vaporized particulates) a better 'vehicle' for delivery to your lungs.

Please everyone, let's stop the madness. Ditch the tinfoil"

Quoted from Badkittysmiles.

Also I hear it causes Alzheimer's.

11. I use a socket.

12. Sockets aren't entirely that bad as long as its not coated with anything and your sure of it.

13. Sobe bottle wit a ratched head in cap as bowl piece.. u can easily break that flat spot on the sobe bottle.. Sweet watefall IMO. Smoked one for a few years in HS.

Used to pull gravs an fill sobe waterfall in back of toilet lmao

An fuck the haters. I smoke a tinny everyday. Cant have a bowl in the work truck!

I dnt have lockjaw yet haha

Dutchie

14. #14 Bubbles42O, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012

the screw bowls are nice i have one right now actually :)

Attached Files:

15. Come on man...

16. Dude.... Smoking weed out of a waterfall is illegal

17. Hahah you right, you right.

It didn't work out though because I couldn't find a socket or anything and we don't have hardware stores in the slums. I'm getting bored of smoking my two spoons

18. i love gbs lol. i have like 3 glass pieces and i smoke my gb more then anything

19. ...melt a hole that your spoon can fit into and use it that way? Haha I'm sure you can rig something up if your creative enough, I use to make a bong like this, I'd put the spoon in a bottle like a slide and try to make it air tight. It worked.

20. Hahah man I was considering doing this today lol we'll see how it goes