watered newly planted seeds?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xedubx, Nov 29, 2007.

1. i just germinated seeds with a paper towel and then put them into soil tonight. i put the seeds into the soil and then watered them, (instead of the correct worse order), did i damage/kill them? should i change them now or are the ok? lemme know asap, the quickest i can get to them is tomorrow morning. am i good?

2. I'm not following your question. You germinated them first, meaning the seeds cracked open and the taproot poked out? Then you put them into soil? And I presume that as of now they have not yet sprouted out of the soil? If all of the above are true then you are fine, you need to keep that soil moist until it pops through the soil.

I don't know what you mean by: "i put the seeds into the soil and then watered them, (instead of the correct worse order)" -- do you think that is the correct order or the worse(?) order? And what do you think you were supposed to do instead?

3. sorry toasty that was a grammatical error. i placed the germinated seeds into the soil first and watered them second. the germination sticky said "never water the soil after placing the newly germed seeds in it." i just wanted to know if, because i poured water onto newly germinated seeds (rather than just place them in already moist soil), do i have a high chance of damaging the plants? Thanks

4. you just need to be carefull not to move the seed around too much, it could invert itself or even flow right out to the top. so you shouldnt flood it. otherwise you're fine.

water your seedlings with a spray bottle. it will solve your problem.

5. No worries. Ditto to what blackmore said. I was not aware the germination sticky said to not water after planting the germed seed. I'm not sure why it would say that. You want to keep the soil moist (but not soaked).