Water???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lucky1972, Sep 10, 2016.

1. I haven't been able to find a good topic on this so if there's one out there please attach. If not please advice....

I'm a first time hydro grower and the closet is all set up to get started but now that it comes down to just doing it, I have cold feet because I don't want to screw it up over the most basic element.... Water. I have a 2*4*7' closet with a p600 led, fans and doing 2 5 gal dwc buckets. I have not actually tested my houses water yet, but it's softened well water. I'm looking for a good, easy to use meter. I'm also wondering if I can even start with softened water or if I should just by a certain kind of water which would be a pain but if it's better I'm all about it. I'm looking for advice from some experienced growers who still want to keep it simple. I forgot the nutes I bought but it's the popular line used on here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. You should use reverse osmosis water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Don't play around with your basic need of a hydro system....WATER! You can pick up a nice RO/DI set up for less that $70 US.

4. I keep reading not to use chemically softened water. To much sodium.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

5. After talking to a shop owner I think it's best that I switch my grow to a soil based system instead of my hydro buckets at least for my first grow or two.

With that being said, can/do I use the same flora series nutes that I already have? Should I still use R/O water? Can I still try scrogging? I planned on growing two plants, pinched once each in a 2*4*7' closet. I have a p600 led light, fans, ect

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app