Water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dversdc, Nov 30, 2006.

1. So here it is I have 6 plants that are about a foot tall the are planted in Black Gold compost with a 400w mh. They are doing well but i just wanted to make sure i was doing everything correctly. how much water do they need. do i water them when the lights are on or off?

Attached Files:

2. There is no right or wrong time to water them. I have seen debates go back and forth with no solution. It really depends on humidity. Don't water right before the lights go out if humidity is high because the lack of drying heat from the lamp can induce mold. I would say water right after the lights turn on.

Your plants look a tad droopy. Water when the soil is dry down a few inches when you stick your finger down there or when the pot feels light when you lift it up. If your pot and soil has good drainage, they should be difficult to over water so, water them with enough water to flow out the bottom of the pots. Anyway, nice looking Sativa you got there.

3. I cant belive what water and a little nap will do to perk them right up they look really good today grown atleast 2 inches thanks for the help.

4. i was going to tell you the same as smkn vtech says. watering is as he said, tricky, once every 3 days for your size of pot should be fine, even longer really, use your finger , it will tell you a lot,

pick the pot up and feel its weight, dry weight versus a moist weight, youll learn to feel how much water is in the soil.......

ive found this is the besy method for me, is to feel the weight of the pot and then ,,, water accordingly......:p