Water ? Why Would It Matter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ScienceSeeker, Mar 22, 2019.

1. :p
    Sorry it rhymes !! So couldnt avoid that title ! hehehe ! :D

So the question, In case of soil grow in well drained pot with proper mixture of soil cocopeat etc, would there be any such thing called as 'over watering?' .. especially considering the fact that; if compared to hydroponic setup, where more than 90% of roots are underwater surviving on air from bubbler ... :)

thanks ! :D

2. Yes. In a hydro setup with active water you are constantly giving them fresh air. When you over water a soil type medium, even a fairly well drained one, you get stagnant air where the roots have used all the oxygen and pumped the root zone full of co2. Cycling wet to dry allows the roots to pull fresh air in as water is used.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Check out the Kratky method. Roots sit in water with no bubblers and get their air from roots above the water level.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks .. checking it out :thumbsup:

5. Thanks .. sounds pretty logical for sure.

6. Can definitly over water in soil. Was more a problem when mine were young but not they seem to take all they can get. Too much and you can have root rot tho

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1