Water Temperature

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Gr8tful, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Just a random thought; what do you think the effects are of watering with water that is 15 degrees colder than your plant area. For example, plants are 80 room and the water is 65? Any negative effects from this scenario?

2. i think the plants tolerate cold rather well but it's below 50 degrees to start getting worried about... especially the root zone does not like these cold temps. I bring water from my stinging nettle fpe thats outside in, and water it's around 45 degreed probably and no problem. it stinks like a swamp but after I water in the smell goes away. But I let it sit for a few minutes before I water so it balances closer to room temps. I don't know if that answers exactly what youre getting at but maybe someone else can give that answer

3. I guess it also opens another question, ugh questions always lead to more questions. Suppose you are brewing AACT at 70 degrees and you add 4 gallons to the one warmed gallon tha tis 15 degree cooler; what would it do to the microbes. I guess my orignal question pertains to microbes as well in addition to the plants.

4. From what I have read, microbes like stable temperatures. That said, once brewed up there must be a few gazillion of them critters so maybe temps are not so critical?

I try to keep all temps stable, especially at the root zone.