Water Temp / PPM levels

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Boazs420, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hello
    What's the recommend Temp for the water when the lights are on? I'm running a DWC set up. Also what causes the PPM to raise and what can I do to bring it back down? I'm in the early phase of Veg.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Basically the way I understand it is, the warmer the water, the harder/less effective it is to oxygenate the water and probably some other stuff.

3. Thanks for the information. My water Temp while the light is on is 79- 85. I need to find a way to keep that down some.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Freeze a case of cheap water bottles and drop 1 or 2 in with a string tied to the top of the bottle to keep it from swishing around and smacking ur plants.

5. But if you drop 2 standard 16.9 fl oz frozen bottles in, make sure you remove about 33oz of solution to account for the water raising. etc

Cold water works like air, it will sink to the bottom and the bubbler will do the mixing.

6. That's a great idea, I will do that, Thanks

7. Any thoughts on a cost effective way to set up CO2? I currently don't have anything running at all?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I dunno. I was thinking that a cheap minifridge for other stuff with a small PC watercooler radiator and a couple fittings popped in the side of the fridge and adding that to a reservoir loop.

9. Humm that may work I may try the bag and see how it works

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. Also you would have to account for any difference in usable water when adding nutes.