Water System

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xcdt1997, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I say if you use it, let the water sit out over night still in an open container. The filter said it will reduce the chlorine but it would be safe to let it sit out to be sure it evaporates all the chlorine and the filter will take a lot of the other stuff out. You can always just fill a 5 gallon jug with some tap water and let it sit out over night. The chlorine is all you have to really worry about unless your tap water is super hard

2. Better safe than sorry,
    We already have the Brita Jug
    i'm just wondering if it'll do the job.
    Do I let the water sit out after I use the Brita Filter?

3. Either or. Maybe before so it already evaporated the chlorine and the filter just has the metals and stuff in the water to filter out

4. Wait i'm confused.
    After the water has been put through the filter, I can just use it right there?
    Since it does filter Chlorine,
    Do I still let the water sit out?

5. It says it helps remove. Doesn't guarantee its gone. You might be okay but for the sake of the plant and its beneficial bacteria, I'd still let the water sit out. Consider the filter there to remove the metals and salts in the water and letting it sit out overnight is for the chlorine to evaporate.

6. Oh I understand it now!
    Thanks for the help man

7. No problem dude. Chlorine will kill the beneficial bacteria. The other stuff in the water isn't bad for the soil so long as its not too hard

8. I Fill up a 5gal jug, then I have an airstone in it with a very small pump, I let it run nonstop inbetween waterings, which is about 60 hours of arriation time.. This does 2 major things, It highly oxyginates the water, and speeds up the removal of the chlorine.. I think if you did something like this combined with running it thru the filter first, you would have a great set up.. Just my opinion and what I do though.. Seems to work great, not a lick of bleach burn.. Good luck and Happy growing bro!!

Ps. Check out my thread, Its tittled Newb here t12 fluro grow.. Let me know your thoughts!!

9. the brita filters wont last long enough for it to be worth it. Get an RO filter or if your tap isnt too bad then just let it sit out for a day.

10. #12 greenbudguy, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nice! I need to get an RO system. That'd be awesome