Water Storage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Anony, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Well, im curious for all you guys you let your water sit for 24 hours - At first i tried juice containers washed out with a mild soap and rinsed over 20 times, but I could still smell reminents of juice. I tried milk containers, but the same thing, im always worried that anything plastic will absorb whatever was in it, and you can never fully get rid of whats left.
    What do you guys use to store your water in?

2. do you not have a big gardening plastic water jug that usually holds only water anyways?

3. buy a couple jugs of water from the store (like 87¢ from walmart) use them or empty them and there u have it... cheap and easy

4. No, dont have a jug. Good idea on the water jugs, dont know how I didnt think of that - slow morning.

5. When buying water at a store, should that filtered water sit out for 24 hours as well?

6. if u want to get rid of the taste / odour of old containers, soak them overnight in a solution of baking soda - (sodium bicarbonate)
    Old home-brewing tip ;)
    Works well, but tbh I don't think the smell of fruit would harm your plants!

7. ok, and i assume distilled water is better than 24-48 hour tap water yea? Can a plant be shocked switching from a week of tap water, to distilled?

8. It's not a problem.

9. Thanks for your info guys.

10. quote: <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1207414 width="50%">Water Storage</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>09-10-2006 07:30 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>SocomNerd</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">jealous prick</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sry - i don't get that?? u -repped me for what exactly?

11. Take half gallon/gallon milk containers and rinse em out throughly. Thats what i do

12. i have a 3 gallon water jug that sits on the water coolers at doctors offices and shit it works good so that i dont have to constantly fill i little gallon jug