water stinks?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by realhigh87, Jun 9, 2011.

1. The water in my resevuar(I duno how to spell it) ummmm is that pose to happen cuz I don't remember this stench last time I grew

2. The water n it stinks. Sorry I left that out

3. is stuff slimy when you slide your finger below the water line?

4. Yeah a little

5. The site won't let me upload the pic the app keeps crashing. Bt their nasty lookimg shyt on the bottom of the resevuar and it smells like a dirty aquarium.

Attached Files:

6. I kinda think that floaty shyt came off my cubez

7. Change it, make sure roots arent rotton.

8. I juz got the clones on Saturday and bone ended up getting snapped (bad experience) yesterday so I had to replace it and the roots on it were good bt ima replace the water right now

9. Make sure u clean and sterilize everything.

10. Yeah I cleaned everything

11. Lots of sound bites, nothing to really go on, What do the plants look like? Do they show any signs of stress? What system are you using?

12. You're right Herb ;)

Seems everyone is jumping on the band wagon to help the guy/girl and suggesting a fix without even knowing ANY needed information to correctly diagnose the issue...

WHAT CAUSED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!????

1. What type of system are you running (Ebb&Gro Sites, Ebb&Gro Flood Table, DWC, etc. etc.)?
    2. What type of water are you using (city or Well)?
    3. You say the stuff "came off my cubez", what cubes?
    4. How long has the water been in the reservoir?
    5. Are you adding air to the reservoir?
    6. What nutrients were added to the reservoir?
    7. Any supplemental nutrients added to the reservoir?

Without supplying needed information to correctly diagnose the problem, everyone is just offering a one time fix to resolve the issue at hand..

It's great that you cleaned the reservoir, but how about finding the cause of the problem so it does not return within another few days killing your plants...

Just a suggestion... :wave:

13. Jakester your completely right. I was hoping what to find a great awnser to my problem bt no awnser comes with out the right questiom I'm using city water, I'm doing flood and drain bed system . I got 18 clones growing n rw cubes and on coco matts (this is the growing method I was tought on my 1st harvest I helped my folkz do bt itz my 1st time doing it solo) and I'm using general hydroponics. Flora gro, micro and bloom aswell as diamond nectar and "great white" premium mycorrhizae. I have to eco air pumps in my 70 gallon resevuar bt yesterday I only had it filled to 50. I drained the resev last night took it out washed it and everythimg n the tank and then rensed it (an hours worth of cleaning) and the tank still smells like it again so Im very concerned..... and Im a guy by the way

14. Snap some pics of your res and flood table ....my guess is algae caused by light leaks

The more pics the better

15. This is the res under its tarp

Attached Files:

16. This is it open bt I only open it this much when I cleaan and add chemicalz

Attached Files:

17. I drained and cleaned it last night and it fed the plants twice and it already smells again. And their sleeping so I can't take a picture bt here's a pic from a few days ago.

Attached Files:

18. Interesting..
    Now I'm intrigued... LOL

OK, city water is better than well water, but still cannot rule it out..
    Do you have a ppm meter?? If so what is the ppm of just your tap water??

Coco matts = yuck (in my personal opinion anyway), but it is perfectly fine to use that way...

Nutes are fine...
    But what ppm are you running at right now???

Air pumps are good, but what about the air stones??
    Being so porous, they can harbor bacteria and fungi..
    Did you wash them too??

Explain what method did you use to cleaned the reservoir..
    Soap and water??
    Bleach (which is really a no, no on plastics)??

It is a 70gal reservoir, what is it made of??
    Is it just a tote???
    If so, what color is it, and is it within the grow chamber??

Right now I think Tihspeed is on to something..
    But the smell, after you refilled the reservoir, did it smell than??

19. I don't have a ppm meeter I've been thinking of investing in one. I juz don't know how to use it.

I used dish soap and water to clean the res and the water stones and water pump. And its a res made for hyrdoponics (bought a big set with the grow tent) its black and somekind of plastic. The res sits outside of the tent and it right behing my ac. And theirs still stinking and shyt on the bottom. I'm wondering if its the great white chem I'm using or pieces of the rw cubes thatz on the bottom of the tank again. I'm really worried. My plants are drooping a little and I beleave their not getting enuff magnesium and calcium from what I read n my growers bible bt I'm goinna get dolomite lime or espic salts or how ever u spell them