Water source for plants in pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GreenLobster, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Im going away for two weeks and have to leave my plants in this current hot UK weather with no rain. I was thinking of partly submerging each plant pot under water so water can pass into the soil from the holes in the bottom of the plant pots. Does anyone know if the will work or have any other suggestions that are not costly or complicated e.g timers and pumps. Any help will be appreciated. :)

2. MJ isn't aquatic lol I dont think submerging them is a good idea. I'd say THOROUGHLY soak the pots and just leave 'em in a shady spot that doesnt get direct sunlight for more than 2 hours a day.

3. Lol I don't mean submerge the whole plant what I mean is putting the pot in for example a tray with a small amount of water, so it sits in the water, if you get what I mean. :s

4. Oh you mean more of like a dish or pan? yeah that'll work just dont make the water too high, I'd say like a half inch or so is good.

5. You've helped me alot over the past week, thanks alot man.

6. No problem dude, I remember looking at my first seedling and being like "...now what?" lol. Then i joined the GC family and got my shit sorted and wound up turning that seedling into a monster. It was a great feeling and I'll always do my best to pass that along.

7. I know right? There's always something new to learn lol.