Water Seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thew, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Seedling sprouted and im unsure if i gotta
    water everyday or every 3 days or never

2. mmm you shouldn't water a seedling till its grow a tad unless the soil is really dry. You do not want to water a seedling too much because you can easily kill it that way or atleast cause some nice damage to it.

3. use a spray bottle. dont mist the plants just the soil. i use a paintbrush to remove any access water droplets that may be on the leaves. They will act as a lens and fry your leaves.

just spray the soil. i use it on "stream" so that it breaks the soil tension and keeps things happy.

remember that less is more. you want the roots to stretch for the water so make sure the soil dries out completely.

4. Awesome advice right there. +Rep

I always knew that waiting for your plant to tell you she's thirsty made for better bud later on, but I never thought about why.

5. :) thx for the +rep.

forgot to mention when watering this way to make sure "water down the center" of the cup. If you water to much on the outside of the cup the roots will just shoot out to the edge and cheat the system.

with some practice you can convince the roots to fill out the cup creating a nice healthy system.

im sure there is a better way to say this but i think it enough :)

Cyrate