Water Quality, PH and Nutrition

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OkayOK, Oct 1, 2018.

1. I tested my tap water today, and it came out at a shocking 8 pH.

I bought a 20 litre container with a tap to store water. I added a half dose (young plants) of nutrition (fish based), and now I want to control the pH.

I went to my local plant shop, but considering growing was just legalized less than a moth ago, the plant shop have no clue on weed issues. They do not sell any pH down products.

The only pH down I could find was at the pet shop for fish tanks and I am not sure if this is very good to use. The other pH control I found was at the swimming pool shop, but again, I am not sure if this is a good idea.

I have heard that adding vinagar or lemon juice can control pH, but that this is tempary and the PH will rise.

What solutions do you all suggest?

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What is your ph when you add the fish nutrients?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. The PH up / Down from the pool supply is fine. I'm guessing that the fish one is too...just smaller containers.

4. Amazon is your friend! GH ph up and down kits are cheap and fast with prime. I get just about everything on amazon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. And my tap is 8.0 ph as well. Only 100 ppm though, which is killer

6. I have not tested, will try in the morning

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My tap's near a 9, and I've just started watering my grow with it. Prior, I was getting r/o gallons from the store. Get a pH tester kit for easy testing is my suggestion. Highly recommend it.

8. Agree with soil
    My state isn't legal so whatever garden shop doesn't have I get from Amazon.

My shop is awesome though they are really up to date even if it's not legal yet. I'm sure they're just waiting
    I actually get my ph down from lowes. They carry root farm products . Even some hydro kits

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ok because some fertilizers bring the ph down. So you may be able to adjust it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. I bought mieral water, guarenteedto be pH 6.5. I tested it and it was. It costs R1.50 (0.10 US$) a litre, so I cant complain.

11. it does not matter what label is on the bottle,
    you need Phosphoric Acid for pH down and Potassium Hydroxide for pH up.!!

these 2 compounds work best for horticultural nutrient pH adjusters.