Water quality good enough for hydro?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hansomgliderfra, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Im thinking about trying a DWC but before i spend alot of money on it i would like to be sure if the water is good enough, the pH is high but thats an easy fix.
    Does the rest look ok?

Conductivity 11 mS/m
    pH 8,0
    Hardness 2,0 dH
    Ammonium 0,030 mg/l
    Nitrate <2,2 mg/l
    Calcium 13 mg/l
    Magnesium 0,60 mg/l
    Sodium 1,7 mg/l
    Iron 0,036 mg/l
    Copper <0,010 mg/l
    Fluoride <0,10 mg/l
    Chloride 1,4 mg/l
    Sulfate 13 mg/l

2. Anyone water imo, is fine aslong as you let it distill for 24 hours then lower your ph to 5.8 and you should be set, or just go to wally world and buy a filter, it will also lower your ph to around 6.4 or so which helps if your also doing soil grows...

3. Yeah what he said!

4. Ok, thanks for the reply, looks like ill be going on a shopping spree someday soon.

As a swede i have never heard about wally world before (Chevy Chase movies not included) but am i correct to assume that you mean Walmart? And is it a reverse osmosis filter you are referring to?

5. not sure if purewaterclub ships world wide but they have several portable RO filter systems for less than 80 USD.

6. Hello, love your qualtitive and quantitive analysis. I don't really go into my H20 that in depth. The Ph and EC/TDS is important. High Ph can mean your EC is on the upper level. Yes you can lower your Ph but does nothing for the EC/TDS. My tap water in my community is around 250 to 350 PPM. Not good for Hydro. I contract with a bottled water company for quality water.
    There is a lot of water waste in an RO system, and it does not produce the quantity of water needed for a Hydro system, you are changing water on a weekly basis. Check it out and see what the returns are for input.
    I have a summer home in the mountains and fill up jugs and jugs of water to bring home to the plants, thats on top of the delivery water.
    Water in Hydroponics is KING and the better the water the better the buds.
    Lots of luch on your search

Herb al Cure

7. Yeah, lol but i mean i dont use anything but a water filter and then distill it boom done.