Water Quality For Soil Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WhyAskWhy101, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ok, so i keep my water in a 3 gallon tank and keep a fish tank airator in it 24/7 to keep the oxygen levels high. I know plant roots love oxygen in their aqua. I also never use the water until its been setting out for atleast 3 days, i do this because im hoping that this will atleast make the water alittle bit more pure. Also keeping your water stored in the room that grow in makes things alot easier. You dont have to lug the water around your house spilling it everywhere. So my question is do you guys think that my water is up to par, or is there more i could be doing to make it better for my babies???

[​IMG]

2. sounds like you got things sorted with your water m8, to be honest, all i use is tap water thats been left out ucovered for atleast a day & ive never had an issue with it for over a year, the only thing i can think to say that may be better than ur water is now, would be to use distilled water, but i think ur fine as is really mate

if its not causing you any issues then id say "if it aint broke dont fix it"

3. I wasnt be completly honest, im having trouble with one of my plants...

I posted it on my grow journal and nobody is helping me with it, so im trying to eliminate things that could be the problem. I have 6 plants and one of them is not growing as much as the others and the whole plant is turning a pail yellowish color. it gets the exact same treatment as the others but its the only one thats having problems... So if the water is good, the ph is good, the lighting is good, the air circulation is good, what else could it be? It gets the same nutes as the others...

4. im no expert so not sure m8, can you post a pic?

5. It wont let post the pic again, but you can see it in my journal. sorry.

6. is it the smallest one in its own pot? in the last pic in your journal? if its had all the same treatment & enviroment etc, then it may just be a runt of the litter so to speak, i had 1 like that once

7. You pretty much said it all!

Also what about rain water? I havent had much experience with it, because I do what you do, and just use 1-3 day tap water
    Imo rainwater seems like it would be the best for the plants, but idk.

8. Yeah thats the one, its not really the size that worries as much as it is the yellowish color, but i thought the two things might be connected. I gave it stronger nutes today so im gonna weight a few days and see what happens. Ill post some pics in like 2 days. thanks for helpin mills.