Water plants with green tea?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shalom, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Hey guys, strange question came up in tonights 'bowl sesh' just wondering if anyone is certain. Can you water cannabis plants with green tea? One of my friends mentioned something about some alkaloids and flavonoids in green tea that normally act as antibiotics from a different plant than the cannabis and might kill it for one reason or another... then again he smokes a lot of weed. :rolleyes: So, anyone know a solid answer to this? Can you water plants with green tea?
    Thanks,
    -shalom.:smoking:

2. Well, Ive heard of watering with shit teas, why not green tea. Give it a try and report back, you might wanna start by diluting it to a quarter strength, then uping over time. You should use two or more clones for a more scientific study, then note the diffrences in growth.

Wether it is determent or benificicial it would deffinatly be + rep if done in a thorough manner. Sorry for not having a solid answer, but have you tried googling it, I will right now and post back with what I find, if anything.

3. "Watering plants with tea
    created by arcanamundi
    (idea) by arcanamundi (3.1 y) (print) ? 1 C! I like it! Wed Jul 10 2002 at 20:22:13

Long thought to be an old wives tale, watering plants with tea (real tea from tea plants, not the infusions made from worm castings and compost advertised in gardening catalogues like Worm's Way as tea) can actually be beneficial, particularly to green and flowering plants.

In addition to the reputed benefit of tannin, tea can be particularly good for those with hard water (high in salts). Hard water salt can accumulate in plant soil, eventually leading to sunburn, damage, and eventually death.

If you can see white accumulations on the edge of the pot and on top of the soil, your plant may be suffering. Some plants (such as spider plants) have a very low salt tolerance, and may be candidates for the occasional cup of tea regardless of the hardness of the water. Check your pots for rime, and administer darjeeling (for example) judiciously.

In addition to these examples, plants that like their soil a bit more acid on the pH scale will also appreciate a cup of tea (don't forget to cool it first!) on Sundays. Azalea, Gardenia, and Hydrangea (etc.), are all ladies who love a spot of Earl Grey.

Their plainer cousin, Fern, is also quite fond of tea, but less of it. A diluted mix once a month is quite sufficient.

Don't forget your gloves, chapeau, fan, and best gossip. Rumor has it that plants rather like being talked to as well. Those pertaining to sex with plants are a bit more dubious in character and origin. "

I found that..... and also a number of pages that said that people would use regular tea and diluted coffee to water African Violets and other acid loving plants, hope that helps

4. You'd have to watch/adjust the pH carefully as regular tea is acidic in nature.

5. Sweet, thanks a lot. I will be conducting some experiments soon.

6. i been watering my plants for about 1 week with green tea,i really can't tell if it doing any good,i have 3 plants in 1 pot. Its all weird cuz they are all different sizes. it goes from Big,medium,and small.i plant them all at the same time too.soOOooo i dont really know,but i guess its working for 2 of them. :D

7. sorry for diggin up an old topic ;D.. but has any1 else tried this yet? :)